MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Announcing MinimServer 2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
MinimServer 2.1 is now available for all platforms.

MinimServer 2.1 provides new indexes for browsing for recently added and recently played albums, groups and tracks. For some years, the ability to see recently added files has been the most frequently requested enhancement to MinimServer.

MinimServer 2.1 for macOS uses universal binaries that run natively on Intel Macs or Apple Silicon (M1 and M1X) Macs. The visual experience on macOS has improvements to fonts, icons and dialogs. On macOS Big Sur and Monterey with Java 17, the minim icon is now a template icon for seamless visual integration with the macOS menu bar on light or dark backgrounds.

MinimWatch has also been updated to version 2.1, with support for Apple Silicon and improvements to the visual experience on Mac.

For more information about these new features and other changes in version 2.1, see the Release Notes page.

Important note: If you are running MinimServer with a full license and your updates entitlement expired before 2nd December 2021, you cannot run MinimServer 2.1 with a full license active. If you install MinimServer 2.1, your license will be downgraded to Starter Edition and you will need to purchase a license updates extension if you want to continue using any of the MinimServer features that require a full license.
Just noticed this announcement - good news.

Will the update happen automatically on QNAP?

I just updated Minimwatch on my M1 Mac running Monterey 12.1 and got this error "LibjliOpenError". Any suggestions?

Thanks
On QNAP, you need to do a manual download and install. It will be some time before MinimServer 2.1 is available in App Center.

On your Mac M1, which version of Java do you have installed? See this section for details of how to install the correct version.
Thanks
All sorted
Question deleted - got it now! - my bad!
Thanks Simon for the update to 2.1.
I'm new to configuring MinimServer. I also have MinimWatch.
I've looked through the online user guides but having trouble understanding.
If I want to be able to see 'recently added' and 'recently played' how do I configure MS to do that? I don't know where to input those indexes.
Thanks, Mike.
You need to put *RecentAdded and/or *Recent Played in the indexTags field on the page you see when you select Properties from MinimWatch. After making this change, select Restart from MinimWatch.
Hi Simon,

RecentAdded up and running - many thanks, it’s a very useful addition.

Is it possible that the maximum number of files could be increased to 2 or 3 thousand? The current 1000 limit is a little limiting….
This facility is intended to show recent files (added or played), not a historical list. The limit of 1000 has been chosen for performance reasons (response time and memory usage).
Straightforward and painless update from the front panel of my Melco N1/A.

Dare one say that I think there is an SQ improvement?? Does that mean I am neurotic because a digit is a digit, Blah, blah, blah??

Thanks Simon

Donuk beautiful downtown York
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's