MinimServer Forum

Full Version: FLACDecoder: ReadSubframe: java.io.IOException: Stream closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What could be reason for this frequently occuring error message:
FLACDecoder: ReadSubframe: java.io.IOException: Stream closed

It is not caused by closing my mconnect upnp iOS app...
This message means the FLAC file you are streaming is corrupt. It is produced by the code in MinimStreamer that reads a FLAC file for transcoding.

Streaming a corrupt FLAC file without transcoding would cause you to hear a very slight click lasting only a tiny fraction of a second. You probably wouldn't notice this unless you knew exactly when to expect it.
(10-12-2021 21:25)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This message means the FLAC file you are streaming is corrupt. It is produced by the code in MinimStreamer that reads a FLAC file for transcoding.

Streaming a corrupt FLAC file without transcoding would cause you to hear a very slight click lasting only a tiny fraction of a second. You probably wouldn't notice this unless you knew exactly when to expect it.

I am getting this error message with nearly all my recordings, so this cannot be that all these files are corrupt...

There must be something else going on....
I will send you a PM with details of how you can upload one of these files to my FTP server so that I can investigate further.

If the same software was used to produce all these files and this software is faulty, it is possible that all the files are faulty. Did you rip these files from CDs yourself or are they purchased downloads?

Another possibilty is that the FLAC decoder that MinimServer is using has a bug that shows up only with these files. Yet another possibility is that these files use an unusual FLAC encoding that isn't supported by the decoder.

As a workaround, you could try changing flac:wav to flac:wav; in stream.transcode. The semicolon at the end tells MinimStreamer to use FFmpeg to decode the files instead of MinimStreamer's internal decoder.
Thanks for your support. I copied one FLAC/24 file and my minimserver profile.

Your questions/relevant info:
- I am using minimserver 2.1 on a Windows 10 PC
- I am using mp3tag for tagging
- I suspect it happens at the EOF (not sure), maybe gapless yields problems..
- the file I sent with the Java IO error was downloaded
Thanks for this. Have you tried the flac:wav; workaround?
(17-12-2021 22:24)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this. Have you tried the flac:wav; workaround?

No, not yet.

It is bed time... will try tomorrow and let you know

thanks
It's bed time here as well. I will investigate this as soon as I can but it might take a little while because of various issues related to MinimServer 2.1 that have been reported.
I tested the flac:wav; trick to enable the ffmpeg streaming and there were no errors in the log.

So there might be some problem with FLACDecoder....
I tried playing this file and there were no error messages. The "Stream closed" message suggests something has closed the stream while the FLAC decoder is still reading data from it.

To investigate this further, I would need to see a debug log. Please do the following:

1) Start MinimServer and browse to one of the files that shows the problem
2) In the MinimServer log window, set the logging level to Debug
3) Play the file
4) After you see the error message(s) in the log window, click 'Save as' in the log window to save a log file
5) In the MinimServer log window, set the logging level back to Info
6) Attach the saved log file to a post here. if the log file is large, please zip it before attaching it.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's