MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer and Simaudio Moon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(20-07-2013 16:55)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]What is the @eaDir directory? Why does this directory contain a subdirectory named '06 - Judas Priest - Night Crawler.mp3?' This looks like it should be the name of a file, not the name of a directory.

The @eaDir directories are created by the Synology indexing service. For each file with embedded album art, the @eaDir directory contains sub-directories with the same name as the music file. These sub-directories contain one or more thumbnails of the embedded album art.
Some native Synology programs (Media Server, Audio Station, Video Station, ...) make use of this directories and cached thumbnails, so it is better not to delete them. When you delete them, the Synology indexing service would recreate them anyway.
(20-07-2013 18:24)baconbrain Wrote: [ -> ]OK. The 23 IP address is the Ipad and the 62 is the mind unit itself. Sorry about the clutter at the beginning of the log but I still have not quite finished cleaning up my library ..... Blush Followed your instructions and have attached the log file. Should I Change the ohnet.debug property back to its Default Setting? (Can't remember so maybe you can give me a hint ...)
Thx.

Thanks for sending this log. I have applied a fix to ohNet and I have replaced the MinimServer-0.72-x86.spk file at the download link that you used previously. Please download the new version and let me know whether it works.

Yes, you can change the ohnet.debug setting back to Default. This setting doesn't make any difference unless the logging level is set to Debug or Trace, but it's tidy to put things back the way they were. Smile
(20-07-2013 20:09)winxi Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-07-2013 16:55)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]What is the @eaDir directory? Why does this directory contain a subdirectory named '06 - Judas Priest - Night Crawler.mp3?' This looks like it should be the name of a file, not the name of a directory.

The @eaDir directories are created by the Synology indexing service. For each file with embedded album art, the @eaDir directory contains sub-directories with the same name as the music file. These sub-directories contain one or more thumbnails of the embedded album art.
Some native Synology programs (Media Server, Audio Station, Video Station, ...) make use of this directories and cached thumbnails, so it is better not to delete them. When you delete them, the Synology indexing service would recreate them anyway.

Thanks for this information. It's unfortunate that the Synology indexing service doesn't create these as "hidden" directories (names starting with a period), which would be ignored by the MinimServer scan. Because these directories aren't "hidden", MinimServer will scan their contents on every restart. This doesn't do any harm, but it does increase the time taken to do the scan.
(21-07-2013 01:04)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-07-2013 18:24)baconbrain Wrote: [ -> ]OK. The 23 IP address is the Ipad and the 62 is the mind unit itself. Sorry about the clutter at the beginning of the log but I still have not quite finished cleaning up my library ..... Blush Followed your instructions and have attached the log file. Should I Change the ohnet.debug property back to its Default Setting? (Can't remember so maybe you can give me a hint ...)
Thx.

Thanks for sending this log. I have applied a fix to ohNet and I have replaced the MinimServer-0.72-x86.spk file at the download link that you used previously. Please download the new version and let me know whether it works.

Yes, you can change the ohnet.debug setting back to Default. This setting doesn't make any difference unless the logging level is set to Debug or Trace, but it's tidy to put things back the way they were. Smile

Installed the new version but unfortunately the results are the same. Nothing showing up in the app browser after the first query... It did seem to take the server a bit longer to start up this time though.
(21-07-2013 09:16)baconbrain Wrote: [ -> ]Installed the new version but unfortunately the results are the same. Nothing showing up in the app browser after the first query... It did seem to take the server a bit longer to start up this time though.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll add some extra trace logging to ohNet and send you another version. Thanks very much for all your help with this.
(21-07-2013 09:16)baconbrain Wrote: [ -> ]Installed the new version but unfortunately the results are the same. Nothing showing up in the app browser after the first query... It did seem to take the server a bit longer to start up this time though.

I've built a new version with additional ohNet logging.

While doing this, I noticed a problem in one of my build scripts. This meant that the "new" version you downloaded and tried this morning was actually the same as the previous version. My apologies for this.

The latest version is at the same download link as previously. Please perform the following debug logging steps with this version:

1) From the MinimWatch log window, set the logging level to Info (if not already set)
2) From the Synology Package Center, restart MinimServer and wait for the minim icon to turn green
3) Use MinimWatch to set the ohnet.debug property to the value All-Timer
4) From the MinimWatch log window, set the logging level to Debug
5) Restart the MiND app and browse to the top-level MinimServer container (once only)
6) If the previous step was successful, try a few more browsing steps
7) Copy the minimserver.log file in the MinimServer 'data' directory to a new file minim2.log
8) From the log window, set the logging level back to Info
9) Use MinimWatch to set the ohnet.debug property back to the value Default
10) Zip the minim2.log file and attach it here

Many thanks!
(21-07-2013 22:52)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

I've built a new version with additional ohNet logging.

While doing this, I noticed a problem in one of my build scripts. This meant that the "new" version you downloaded and tried this morning was actually the same as the previous version. My apologies for this.

The latest version is at the same download link as previously. Please perform the following debug logging steps with this version:

1) From the MinimWatch log window, set the logging level to Info (if not already set)
2) From the Synology Package Center, restart MinimServer and wait for the minim icon to turn green
5) Restart the MiND app and browse to the top-level MinimServer container (once only)
7) Copy the minimserver.log file in the MinimServer 'data' directory to a new file minim2.log
10) Zip the minim2.log file and attach it here

Many thanks!

Am currently traveling. Will get back to you upon my return. (thurs)
[attachment=243]Hello Simoncn,

Ok, back from traveling. Followed your instructions and have attached the log. Unfortunately the browsing results have not changed. (No results shown in the app browser window)
(25-07-2013 20:52)baconbrain Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simoncn,

Ok, back from traveling. Followed your instructions and have attached the log. Unfortunately the browsing results have not changed. (No results shown in the app browser window)

Thanks very much! This log is very helpful and clearly shows another bug in ohNet which is causing the problem. I should be able to send you another fix to try within the next couple of days.
(25-07-2013 23:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks very much! This log is very helpful and clearly shows another bug in ohNet which is causing the problem. I should be able to send you another fix to try within the next couple of days.

I have updated the usual download link to point to the new test version. Please install this version and repeat the previous test sequence:

7) Copy the minimserver.log file in the MinimServer 'data' directory to a new file minim3.log
10) Zip the minim3.log file and attach it here

Many thanks for all your help with debugging this problem!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's