MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer2 - Transcription does not to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Transcription does not to work
This is the content of my profile on Synology NAS

contentDir = /volume1/music
stream.transcode = dff:wav24,dsf:wav24,flac:wav24

Anyone has any ideas?
What renderer and control point are you using?
(12-09-2021 17:13)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]What renderer and control point are you using?

Bubble-UPnP and Hi-Fi Cast for control point, sending to either Volumio Primo or Matrix Element X. In each case it shows the original format, not wav. Volumio is set to take whatever comes, and so is Element X.

But it gets even better; I imported another default profile and now I have two default profiles, both altered and none of them can be deleted. I am not making this up.

What to do now?

P.S. renamed and deleted one, the other (with the settings as above) stays. I guess I need to ssh to Synology and just delete it. If I find it.
After changing stream.transcode, you need to refresh the control point's view of your files. For BubbleUPnP, this means you need to reload the MinimServer library into BubbleUPnP.

If you import a profile named default and you already have a profile named default, your existing default profile is renamed to default[1]. I have just tried this and it it is working for me.
(12-09-2021 17:47)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]After changing stream.transcode, you need to refresh the control point's view of your files. For BubbleUPnP, this means you need to reload the MinimServer library into BubbleUPnP.

If you import a profile named default and you already have a profile named default, your existing default profile is renamed to default[1]. I have just tried this and it it is working for me.

No, it did not rename. I renamed and deleted it after.

Just updated the other default from inside NAS.

Thanks for now, I will fill follow your suggestion.
(12-09-2021 17:54)sgreen Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2021 17:47)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]After changing stream.transcode, you need to refresh the control point's view of your files. For BubbleUPnP, this means you need to reload the MinimServer library into BubbleUPnP.

No, it did not rename. I renamed and deleted it after.

Just updated the other default from inside NAS.

Thanks for now, I will fill follow your suggestion.

Nope, did not make any difference. Restarted BubbleUPnP and restarted Hi-Fi Cast, both show flac and not wav propterties.

This is my default.profile now.

contentDir = /volume1/music
stream.transcode = flac:wav
To be sure of what stream.transcode setting MinimServer is using, you need to use MinimWatch to look at the System tab of the Properties page. The value in the default.profile file might not have been applied for some reason.
(12-09-2021 18:16)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]To be sure of what stream.transcode setting MinimServer is using, you need to use MinimWatch to look at the System tab of the Properties page. The value in the default.profile file might not have been applied for some reason.

Other than default/current profile, where else is stream.transcode instruction is written, would you tell?
1) Install MinimWatch on another computer if you haven't done this already
2) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select Properties
3) From the Properties dialog, select the System tab
4) If you have MinimStreamer installed, this will show a stream.transcode field

For details of how to install MinimWatch, see this page.
(12-09-2021 20:38)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]1) Install MinimWatch on another computer if you haven't done this already
2) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select Properties
3) From the Properties dialog, select the System tab
4) If you have MinimStreamer installed, this will show a stream.transcode field

For details of how to install MinimWatch, see this page.

One does not need any of this, I can see what is shown in currently playing tab in the controlling application. When using Asset server as the source, for example, it will show wav icon and bits level when transcoding is set on. With MinimServer it is always flac, no matter what my profile looks like. So I was thinking if there is something else that I am doing wrong.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's