MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Adding new recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I am new to MinimServer, having successfully (with the help of my dealer here in Luxembourg, Guy of l'Audiophile, marvellous) installed MinimServer on my QNAP 269 Pro last week. I have a nice job in front of me to sort out the 1500 albums that I have on the system. I need to re-tag a lot of files to have consistent data across the collection. Plenty of help already on the forum.

But just now I have a simpler problem. Today I ripped 6 cds using dbPoweramp. I can see them in my old Twonky system, but not in the MinimServer. So the files are on the QNAP, but MinimServer is not finding them. MinimServer seems to have had no problem to find the files that were saved prior to installing MinimServer, but it is not seeing new files added afterwards.

What do I need to do?

Grateful for all assistance.......

Best regards,

Gonzalez
(20-05-2013 20:31)Gonzalez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I am new to MinimServer, having successfully (with the help of my dealer here in Luxembourg, Guy of l'Audiophile, marvellous) installed MinimServer on my QNAP 269 Pro last week. I have a nice job in front of me to sort out the 1500 albums that I have on the system. I need to re-tag a lot of files to have consistent data across the collection. Plenty of help already on the forum.

But just now I have a simpler problem. Today I ripped 6 cds using dbPoweramp. I can see them in my old Twonky system, but not in the MinimServer. So the files are on the QNAP, but MinimServer is not finding them. MinimServer seems to have had no problem to find the files that were saved prior to installing MinimServer, but it is not seeing new files added afterwards.

What do I need to do?

Grateful for all assistance.......

Best regards,

Gonzalez

Do you have MinimWatch installed on another computer? If so, select Restart from the minim icon. This will rescan your content directories and pick up your newly added files. The rescan will be a lot quicker than your initial scan because MinimServer uses a cache for previously scanned files. Also, you can start some music playing before you select Restart and the music will continue to play while MinmServer rescans your files.

If you don't have MinimWatch installed on another computer, you need to install MinimWatch to use MinimServer effectively. You can find instructions for installing MinimWatch on this page.
Dear Simon.

Simples when you know how. Many thanks, it worked straightway ( I had Minimwatch installed).

Best regards,

Gonzalez
Just is case the cash/index gets corrupted (and for the completeness of this thread): how can we force a full rescan of a music library?

Keep up the good work!
(23-05-2013 21:12)Zee Wrote: [ -> ]Just is case the cash/index gets corrupted (and for the completeness of this thread): how can we force a full rescan of a music library?

Keep up the good work!

The simplest way would be to set the writeAllTags property to the name of any file, then restart MinimServer. If the writeAllTags property is set, MinimServer will do a complete rescan.
(23-05-2013 22:52)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The simplest way would be to set the writeAllTags property to the name of any file, then restart MinimServer. If the writeAllTags property is set, MinimServer will do a complete rescan.
Please elaborate. Do I have to add a new Tag to any music file, or what will force a rescan? Huh
(27-05-2013 10:06)uk75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-05-2013 22:52)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The simplest way would be to set the writeAllTags property to the name of any file, then restart MinimServer. If the writeAllTags property is set, MinimServer will do a complete rescan.
Please elaborate. Do I have to add a new Tag to any music file, or what will force a rescan? Huh

You don't need to make any tag changes to your audio files. Setting this property tells MinimServer to read all the tags from your audio files and writes a summary of these tags to another file. For example, if you set the writeAllTags property to alltags.txt, MinimServer will write the tag summary to the file alltags.txt in MinimServer's data directory.

A side effect of setting this property is to force a complete rescan of all audio files when MinimServer is restarted, ignoring the contents of the MinimServer cache.
Reference URL's