MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Radio streaming stops after few seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am trying to configure radio stream from Synology DS918+ (Esoteric N05).
Streaming start and after few seconds it just stops. I tried on different stations and result is same. Last config I tried:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[+Klassik Radio Live;mp3] Klassik Radio Live
http://stream.klassikradio.de/live/mp3-1...ikradio.de

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
This stream is playing for me. It sounds like your renderer (Esoteric N05) might not be able to play MP3 streams that don't have a specific length.

Either or both of the following might help:

1) Set the stream.transcode property to mp3:L16 and restart MinimServer

2) Set the stream.options property to streamSize=2GB and restart MinimServer
(22-08-2021 16:39)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This stream is playing for me. It sounds like your renderer (Esoteric N05) might not be able to play MP3 streams that don't have a specific length.

Either or both of the following might help:

1) Set the stream.transcode property to mp3:L16 and restart MinimServer

2) Set the stream.options property to streamSize=2GB and restart MinimServer

Thanks simoncn for the answer.

I tried both properties but streaming, still, stops after few seconds.
Are there any messages in the minimserver.log file about byte-range requests? You can find this file in the MinimServer/appData folder.
No, there is nothing about byte-range requests in log file.
You could try reducing the streamSize value in case it is the size of the stream that is causing problems for your renderer. For example, does streamSize=20MB work?

If this doesn't help, I will send you instructions for producing a debug log. This might provide some information about what the renderer is doing when the music stops playing.
Combination,

stream.transcode property to mp3:L16
and
streamSize=20MB
now works great! Smile

Thanks simoncn for the help
You should be able to increase 20MB to a more sensible value (time limit) for radio streaming. Did you try 2GB with L16? If this didn't work, you can try some intermediate value such as 200MB, 500MB or 1GB.
Reference URL's