MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Updating Synology DSM 6 to DSM 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If you have MinimServer installed on Synology DSM 6 and you are updating your NAS to DSM 7, there are detailed instructions in this section for how to do this without losing any configuration settings. Please post any questions about this here.
Hello Simon,

Did a quick check; in my dsm 6.2 installation. I don't see Minimserver2 as an installed package in Package Center in the DSM. And at this moment I see no Minimserver2 in the :"all package " either.
Is the Minimserver2 removed from the package centre?
Minimserver2 full licence is running and availible in my network.

Yours mdp
I have just checked and MinimServer is in the All Packages list of the DSM 6.2 Package Center. You need to scroll down to the end of the Synology section to see the Third-party section and look for MinimServer there. MinimServer also appears in the Installed section on my NAS.
Very strange, Just check again; Minimserver2 was listed to in my installed and all package list.
So far so good. Yesterday when I checked in both my two Synology Nas systems they were not.
Maybe a fire wall issue? Minim was working correctly.
Started Up-date to DSM 7.0.
I have to un install Java8 to continue the update. Java2 says it can't be un installed cause of minimserver2 is running. First un install Minimserver. Pers OK and install of DSM 7.0 is aborted.
So I read not to un install Minimserver2. So I am in a loop.

Help
You can find detailed instructions in this section.

It is normally best not to uninstall MinimServer but in this case Synology has not given you any option.
(25-08-2021 19:35)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You can find detailed instructions in this section.

It is normally best not to uninstall MinimServer but in this case Synology has not given you any option.

Should I'll be able to use my back-uped configuration of my running Minimserver2 in dsm 6.2 in the new installation in dsm 7.0?
What happens with my license count?
If you follow the instructions for an Intel processor on the page I linked, your backup configuration from DSM 6.2 will be restored on DSM 7.0 and your license count will not change.
Thank you ... Updates all accomplished (fairly!) smoothly.
David
I've found that the following general file structure, which worked for playlists on DSM 6, doesn't work on DSM 7. This only seems to affect playlists, everything else seems normal.

Music Files>ComposerName, Firstname Initial.>ComposerName, Firstname Initial.; Piece>Filename

Dropping the period after the initial on the first folder works. Thus:

Music Files>ComposerName, Firstname Initial>ComposerName, Firstname Initial.; Piece>Filename

I'm not sure whether this is DSM or what. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's