MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver DSM 6.1.7-15284
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am new to the minimserver world and tried to install the package on my synology nas with DSM 6.1.7-15284.
When i try to start the server i have this error:
Error writing data to license buffer: java.io.IOException: platform data error 1e

how can I solve?

thx
Which model of Synology NAS is this? Also, is there a reason you are running DSM 6.1.7 instead of a later version?
Is a DS916+, there is no reason to upgrade to the latest version.
If this is the problem I can try to do a docker installation
Thanks for this information. A Docker installation on Synology will not work until you have installed and started the regular Synology MinimServer package.

I will send you a PM with details of a test you can run to help me identify the cause of the problem.
Thanks for running the tests and providing the information requested. The next update will include a change to check the alternative location if the data in the original location is corrupt.

Just a thought: what happens if you reboot the NAS? Is the data in the original location still corrupt? It might also be worth updating to a later level of DSM 6 to see if this fixes the problem.
The workaround for this problem that I mentioned in my previous post is now available in MinimServer update 196.
Reference URL's