MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver 2 really slow since DSM7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I updated my DS215j this morning and i regret it so badly.
Bubble UpnP package does not exist and my Minimserver 2 is really slow.
After the DSM update, i was asked to repair my Minimserver package. After that, the server was started but i could not see it. I uninstalled the package and installed the one provides by Minimerserver for the manual install. I took the Arm7 version for DSM7 but still, i could ot see the server from my Bubble uPnP Android app.
After a couple of hours, it suddenly appeared. I can browse and play files but it is really slow.
Could you please help me ?
When you uninstall MinimServer, the cache file is lost. When you reinstall MinimServer, the cache file is rebuilt by reading all your files and this is what has taken a couple of hours.

After this, MinimServer should run at normal speed. If it is running slowly, this could be caused by something else on the NAS that is running at the same time. You can use Resource Monitor to see how much CPU is being used overall and which processes are using the most CPU.

For others reading this who are still on DSM 6 and have an ARM-based NAS, you don't need to uninstall MinimServer when you upgrade to DSM 7. You can install the DSM 7 version of MinimServer from Package Center to repair/replace the previous DSM 6 version and this will preserve the cache. If you are on an Intel-based NAS, you do unfortunately need to uninstall MinimServer and Java before you can update to DSM 7. This is because of how Synology has implemented the procedure for updating to DSM 7.
(In case anyone is not aware DSM 7 cannot be installed on DS -12 or earlier Synology models.)
(03-08-2021 21:08)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]When you uninstall MinimServer, the cache file is lost. When you reinstall MinimServer, the cache file is rebuilt by reading all your files and this is what has taken a couple of hours.

After this, MinimServer should run at normal speed. If it is running slowly, this could be caused by something else on the NAS that is running at the same time. You can use Resource Monitor to see how much CPU is being used overall and which processes are using the most CPU.

For others reading this who are still on DSM 6 and have an ARM-based NAS, you don't need to uninstall MinimServer when you upgrade to DSM 7. You can install the DSM 7 version of MinimServer from Package Center to repair/replace the previous DSM 6 version and this will preserve the cache. If you are on an Intel-based NAS, you do unfortunately need to uninstall MinimServer and Java before you can update to DSM 7. This is because of how Synology has implemented the procedure for updating to DSM 7.

Thank you for the explanation. I'll try to have a look at the ressources monitor.
Reference URL's