MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Search Result Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am running server 0.8.2 update 32 successfully, and love the features and adaptability. I have a query in that when I browse the media library via my Media Monkey Android app, (which I like for it's performance and features etc), I get results under 'Album' and 'Artist', but its 'Tracks' section says 'Connection failed'. Hi-Fi Cast finds titles OK.
I used the search term 'love' because I know it to be prevalent in the files' tags.
Do I have to alter any settings in Properties?
I enclose the log details of the incident if it gives any clues.
Thanks.

MinimServer: unsupported search query '(upnp:class derivedfrom "object.item.audioItem" or upnp:class derivedfrom "object.item.videoItem ") and (dc:title contains "love" or dc:creator contains "love" or upnp:artist contains "love" or upnp:albumArtist contains "love" or upnp:album contains "love" or upnp:author contains "love" or upnp:genre contains "love" )'

MinimServer: unsupported search query '(upnp:class derivedfrom "object.item.audioItem" or upnp:class derivedfrom "object.item.videoItem ") and (dc:title contains "love" or dc:creator contains "love" or upnp:artist contains "love" or upnp:albumArtist contains "love" or upnp:album contains "love" or upnp:author contains "love" or upnp:genre contains "love" )'
Thank you for letting me know about this issue. The short answer is that there is nothing you can do to make this query work by altering property settings. For the long answer, read on...

There are some problems with this UPnP Search query.

1) There is a space before the closing quote in "object.item.videoItem ". Is this space in the original error mesage or was it introduced by copying and pasting to your forum post?

2) The query refers to upnp:albumArtist. This is incorrect because albumArtist is not a property name (XML element) but a value of the 'role' attribute of the upnp:artist and upnp:author properties. It is possible that some UPnP servers might overlook the strict rules of UPnP and apply this query to the 'role' attribute of the upnp:artist and upnp:author properties. MinimServer does not do this.

3) The query refers to upnp:author. This is valid according to the UPnP specification but is not currently supported by MinimServer.

4) The combination of multiple 'derivedfrom' expressions for "object.item.audioItem" and "object.item.videoItem" is valid according to the UPnP specification but is not currently supported by MinimServer.

The main issue that prevents the query from working is 4). It would be possible to make changes to MinimServer to resolve this issue. These changes would not be available as an update to MinimServer 0.8.2 but would require you to update to MinimServer 2 (the current supported version). For information about MinimServer 2, see this page. I will add this to my to-do list and I will post back here if this support is implemented.
Thank you for your reply.

Just to be certain, this is an exact copy of the log report:

The rest of your explanations were helpful, and I think I will upgrade to the latest version of the server, and keep an eye on updates.

It's a pity you don't have your own Android app Wink !

Thanks again.
Thanks for confirming that Media Monkey is sending an incorrect query string for object.item.videoItem. The extra space shouldn't affect MinimServer because MinimServer doesn't support video items.

I would encourage you to update and I would also encourage you to read all the information on the page I referenced before updating. Specifically, not all features are free of charge in MinimServer 2.
Reference URL's