MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Java access denied on Synology DSM 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the log error message :

Warning: error scanning file '/volume3/music/04 Classical': java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /volume3/music/04 Classical

What I know is DSM 7 doesn't support Java any more.
Please let me know if there is alternative approach to solve this.
Thank you.
(16-07-2021 16:46)longz Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the log error message :

Warning: error scanning file '/volume3/music/04 Classical': java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /volume3/music/04 Classical

What I know is DSM 7 doesn't support Java any more.
Please let me know if there is alternative approach to solve this.
Thank you.

Would this DSM7 issues thread help?
(16-07-2021 17:37)Alandbush Wrote: [ -> ]Would this DSM7 issues thread help?

Thanks for the suggestion.
I just read it though. It was all about installation. Nobody mentioned about Java access denied issues there. Thank you, anyway.
DSM 7 does support Java applications such as MinimServer. It doesn't include a Java package, so each application needs to be bundled with a Java runtime. The MinimServer package for DSM 7 does this. This error isn't a Java problem.

This message seems to be caused by file permission settings. Are you getting this message for a single file or for many files?

In DSM 7, packages are no longer able to run as the root user. If the file or files that are getting this message have been created with access restricted to the root user only, this would explain the problem. The folder and files in your library need to provide read access to the Administrators group to prevent file permission errors from MinimServer. To check the permssions for the folder /volume3/music/04 Classical, do the following:

1) Use File Station to navigate to this folder and select it
2) Click the Action button, then select Properties
3) In the Properties dialog, click Permission
4) The list should include the line "administrators Allow Read & Write" or "administrators Allow Read"

If this appears correct for the folder /volume3/music/04 Classical, it is possible that something went wrong when you installed MinimServer on DSM 7. Are you on the DSM 7 beta or the release version? Did you install MinimServer from the Package Center or did you install it using a manual download from the MinimServer Downloads page?
It was indeed the permission problem. It is fixed now.
Thank you, Simon.
Reference URL's