MinimServer Forum

Full Version: asset control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

wanted to try asset control

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.p...et-Control

as client for minim server, both installed under Windows 8.

Asset control founds instantly minim server, shows categories, albums, tracks, but not play any mp3 or flac track ?

Somebody with some experiences to get it playing
(18-05-2013 06:11)Oroperplex Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Asset control founds instantly minim server, shows categories, albums, tracks, but not play any mp3 or flac track ?

I can't make AssetControl play music properly. It's the same when using either MinimServer or Twonky as the media server. Asset Control seems to send one track at a time to the renderer (Linn DS) and move on to the next track after each track has played for a few seconds.
(18-05-2013 09:56)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-05-2013 06:11)Oroperplex Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I can't make AssetControl play music properly. It's the same when using either MinimServer or Twonky as the media server. Asset Control seems to send one track at a time to the renderer (Linn DS) and move on to the next track after each track has played for a few seconds.

ok, so for Windows OS we have XBMC client working with the typically XBMC rumblings.
Is there an other smooth working client under Windows OS ?
I read something about foobar, but to get it working smooth with Minim Server in a comfortable way it takes some configurations i did not know about. If somebody has a guideline to get foobar smoothly working with Minim Server i would be pleased to get one.
(18-05-2013 13:55)Oroperplex Wrote: [ -> ]ok, so for Windows OS we have XBMC client working with the typically XBMC rumblings.
I read something about foobar, but to get it working smooth with Minim Server in a comfortable way it takes some configurations i did not know about. If somebody has a guideline to get foobar smoothly working with Minim Server i would be pleased to get one.

Kinsky for Windows is very good. It can be used with Linn DS renderers and other UPnP renderers.
(18-05-2013 16:02)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-05-2013 13:55)Oroperplex Wrote: [ -> ]ok, so for Windows OS we have XBMC client working with the typically XBMC rumblings.

Kinsky for Windows is very good. It can be used with Linn DS renderers and other UPnP renderers.
the solution is for a friend of mine. He has some music on his Windows Vista laptop with a usb dac connected over asio or wasapi. So he has no renderer hardware. Using MinimServer he also needs a client e.g. XBMC.
A other solution as XBMC seems tricky to find.

My solution Syno 213+ /MinimServer/ Iphone plugplayer works fine with my renderer T+A 1260 MusicServerSmile
(18-05-2013 16:49)Oroperplex Wrote: [ -> ]the solution is for a friend of mine. He has some music on his Windows Vista laptop with a usb dac connected over asio or wasapi. So he has no renderer hardware. Using MinimServer he also needs a client e.g. XBMC.

My solution Syno 213+ /MinimServer/ Iphone plugplayer works fine with my renderer T+A 1260 MusicServerSmile

You can install dbPoweramp Renaissance uPlayer (see this page) on the Windows PC. This is a UPnP renderer that can be controlled by a UPnP control point such as Kinsky.
(18-05-2013 17:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-05-2013 16:49)Oroperplex Wrote: [ -> ]the solution is for a friend of mine. He has some music on his Windows Vista laptop with a usb dac connected over asio or wasapi. So he has no renderer hardware. Using MinimServer he also needs a client e.g. XBMC.

You can install dbPoweramp Renaissance uPlayer (see this page) on the Windows PC. This is a UPnP renderer that can be controlled by a UPnP control point such as Kinsky.

dBpoweramp-Renaissance with asset control works fine
with Kinsky it also works but not so smooth
Many thanksSmile
Reference URL's