MinimServer Forum

Full Version: QNAP TS-409 cannot start MinimServer 2.0.18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed MinimServer 2.0.18 armv5 successfully for QNAP TS-409. It was an upgrade from 0.8.4 in the beginning but I couldn't enable or launch the config page afterwards so I removed everything and installed from scratch but still got the same issue.

JRE_ARM 8.0.1 & NPTL 0.20 were installed.

This is the log I got from minimserver-sh.log:

Code:
Tue 22 Jun 16:49:19 /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/minimserver.sh called by 7985                                                                                          
Tue 22 Jun 16:49:19 starting                                                                                                                                                  
Tue 22 Jun 16:49:19 starting MinimServer using NPTL libraries                                                                                                                
Tue 22 Jun 16:49:19 started process 8018                                                                                                                                      
Tue 22 Jun 16:49:51 MinimServer start error: Error: dl failure on line 864                                                                                                    
Error: dl failure on line 864                                                                                                                                                
Error: failed /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/JRE_ARM/jre/lib/arm/client/libjvm.so, because /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/JRE_ARM/jre/lib/arm/client/libjvm.so: cannot handle TLS data          
Tue 22 Jun 16:50:01 MinimServer is stopped: to restart, use Stop and Start in the App Center                                                                                  
Tue 22 Jun 16:51:03 MinimServer status set to disable
I think I understand what is causing this. I will create a test build with a fix and and let you when it is ready.

The issue is that my script for setting up the NPTL/TLS environment assumes that the installation path for NPTL is under /share/HDA_DATA. On your NAS, it is under /share/MD0_DATA.

Thank you for letting me know about this issue and providing enough information for me to understand the cause.
A fix for this is available now in the file MinimServer-2.0.18.1-armv5.qpkg. You can download this from the Downloads page in the usual way. Although the QNAP line in the table still says 2.0.18, clicking the ARMv5 link in this line should show a popup referring to the 2.0.18.1 file.

Sometimes browser caching can cause a short delay before the 2.0.18.1 file becomes available for download. You need to wait for this to happen before you download and install the updated version.
Reference URL's