MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID in MP3 files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID and MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID for some tagging roles (not what it was designed for but works for me) but I have noticed that flacs are always found but MP3 files are missing under these tags
I use MP3Tag (and my own code) to the tagging and all the tags show up in MP3tag

Any ideas ?
(20-06-2021 14:31)mike963 Wrote: [ -> ]I am using MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID and MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID for some tagging roles (not what it was designed for but works for me) but I have noticed that flacs are always found but MP3 files are missing under these tags
I use MP3Tag (and my own code) to the tagging and all the tags show up in MP3tag

Any ideas ?

It appears that MP3Tag saves those tags, for MP3 files, with a name that is different to that displayed within the software, i.e.

MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID --> MUSICBRAINZ ARTIST ID
MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID --> MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ID

In addition to adding the 'different' tag name to your indexTag/itemTag property, you may like to populate the Minimserver aliasTags property:-

MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ID:MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID
etc.
Thanks, Alan.

If you want to see these as MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID and MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID for all files, you don't need to change indexTags or itemTags. Just add the aliasTags settings.
(20-06-2021 17:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Alan.

If you want to see these as MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID and MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID for all files, you don't need to change indexTags or itemTags. Just add the aliasTags settings.

Doh! Of course. Blush
Hi guys

Many thanks for the quick reply and that works perfectly

Mike
Reference URL's