MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Tag contents not showing when browsing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I have purchased a license for Minimserver 2 and run it on my synology NAS. I have just recently encountered a problem I have never seen before. I’ve been using Minimserver for a few years and the new version is just using the settings I had previously with 0.8.

I tag my albums (all classical) with composer, work and part tags. They have been working fine until now. For some recent albums I tagged when I browse the albums using an app on my iPad or iPhone I find the composer and then look in the Work folder and lots of works are listed but then right at the bottom is a folder “Unknown”. In there I found 7 albums for this composer and the work does not appear, even in the file name. I have checked the tags using MP3tag and they are definitely there. I then checked some other composers and I found the same - albums I tagged a while ago. It seems to happen with composers with quite a few albums.

I’ve never seen this before and can’t think what is causing it. Hoping for some ideas here.
You might need to do a rescan if you haven't done this since you activated your full license for MinimServer 2.
(27-04-2021 20:25)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You might need to do a rescan if you haven't done this since you activated your full license for MinimServer 2.

Thanks for the reply. I have done several rescans, usually after adding new albums but tonight when I discovered this I rescanned a few times. I even stopped and restarted the server but no joy.
Please try doing a full rescan, as follows:

1) Set the startupScan property to full
2) Do a rescan. This will take longer than a normal rescan because it isn't using cached data.
3) Set the startupScan property back to its previous value (true or false)

Please let me know whether this solves the problem.
(27-04-2021 22:12)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Please try doing a full rescan, as follows:

1) Set the startupScan property to full
2) Do a rescan. This will take longer than a normal rescan because it isn't using cached data.
3) Set the startupScan property back to its previous value (true or false)

Please let me know whether this solves the problem.

That didn’t solve the problem I’m afraid. On further checking it is quite widespread and happens in other browsing situations (e.g. genre first then looking for Works). But not with every album. I’m speculating a bit here and need to analyse properly but it seems it might be when the total number of works per view exceeds a certain number? I certainly can’t see any difference in the tags between albums with works that show and those that don’t.

Do you think deleting the library and then rescanning might help? If so how do I do that on a synology NAS?
There is no need to delete the library and rescan. The full rescan you have done already is sufficient to rule out rescanning as a possible factor.

We now need to focus on the tags themselves. Please identify a specific scenario that is incorrect and post screenshots of what is displayed as you browse through the levels. When I have seen these screenshots, I will advise on which files should be checked for incorrect tagging.
(28-04-2021 07:31)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]There is no need to delete the library and rescan. The full rescan you have done already is sufficient to rule out rescanning as a possible factor.

We now need to focus on the tags themselves. Please identify a specific scenario that is incorrect and post screenshots of what is displayed as you browse through the levels. When I have seen these screenshots, I will advise on which files should be checked for incorrect tagging.

I will try and get this done tonight or tomorrow. How best to send them - as attachments here?

I contacted MP3tag support and they asked if other MP4 files show work tag. Some are albums that I ripped using iTunes or Music as it is now so I will rule that out if I can as well.
Yes, please post screenshots as attachments to a post here.
I’m going to be pushed for time tonight so I’ll get the screenshots organised tomorrow. However, I might have lead I think. I contacted the developer of MP3tag and sent him a screenshot of one of the albums not showing the work tag in Minimserver. He got back to me and asked were all the problem files MP4/m4a files? So I had a quick look and so far it looks like they are. These are CDs I have ripped using iTunes using ALAC. I have the File Type option set up in Minimserver so I have just had a quick look in the ALAC folder and sure enough no Work folder and there should be loads of works, but in the FLAC folder there is a Work folder full of works.

I have sent him a track and he is going to examine the tags for me so I’ll get back with news from this.
I have a feeling about how this is going to end but I will wait for your news.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's