MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Strange behaviour in IndexArtwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that MinimServer is very sensible for differing spelling, punctuation, and syntax. An index text has to be a 100% copy otherwise it won't be found.
Sometimes I think I am going mad in cases that I am 100% sure the index text is correct and the item doesn't show up after doing a rescan.
I then copy and paste the text and in almost all cases this does the trick.

Except in one case......?

One artist (Eerens, Ilse [Soprano]) doesn't show up in the correct way, although I copied and pasted the index text.

First the artist showed up twice:[attachment=2276][attachment=2277]
In MP3 Tag it showed up like this:[attachment=2279] (what is wrong?)
I copied and pasted (accented text, other artists deleted) for all tracks:[attachment=2286]

Result after rescan: [attachment=2281][attachment=2282][attachment=2278]
For some reason the second image disappeared but the text is not correct.

IndexArtwork: [attachment=2283] should lead to this result: [attachment=2284][attachment=2285] I guess.
Do you have an unintended "new line" character in this tag value?
(25-04-2021 21:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have an unintended "new line" character in this tag value?
What do you mean by a "new line" character?
(25-04-2021 22:14)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-04-2021 21:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have an unintended "new line" character in this tag value?
What do you mean by a "new line" character?

Somehow MP3 Tag doesn't show all tracks.
I looked for faulty tags using DBpoweramp and found one!
(25-04-2021 22:42)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-04-2021 22:14)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-04-2021 21:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have an unintended "new line" character in this tag value?
What do you mean by a "new line" character?

Somehow MP3 Tag doesn't show all tracks.
I looked for faulty tags using DBpoweramp and found one!

I was a bit overenthusiastic!
There is definite something wrong, but this counts for all tracks
[attachment=2291]when hoovering the mouse
[attachment=2292] after opening ID-tag

And now the question how to get rid of this issue?
A "new line" character is an invisible character in a text string that indicates the end of a line and the start of the next line. From your screenshot, it looks like track 02-05 has the following three ARTIST tags:

Eerens,
Ilse [soprano]

---tone]

Collegium Vocale Ghent

You need to change the first of these tags to:

Eerens, Ilse [soprano]

by deleting the "new line" character and replacing it with a space character.

Also, the second tag appears to be unintended or corrupt.
(26-04-2021 09:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]A "new line" character is an invisible character in a text string that indicates the end of a line and the start of the next line. From your screenshot, it looks like track 02-05 has the following three ARTIST tags:

Eerens,
Ilse [soprano]

---tone]

Collegium Vocale Ghent

You need to change the first of these tags to:

Eerens, Ilse [soprano]

by deleting the "new line" character and replacing it with a space character.

Also, the second tag appears to be unintended or corrupt.
Ok, I will try this.
So probably the the tags have been corrupt all the time and I made things worse by copying and pasting.
(26-04-2021 10:13)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-04-2021 09:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]A "new line" character is an invisible character in a text string that indicates the end of a line and the start of the next line. From your screenshot, it looks like track 02-05 has the following three ARTIST tags:

Eerens,
Ilse [soprano]

---tone]

Collegium Vocale Ghent

You need to change the first of these tags to:

Eerens, Ilse [soprano]

by deleting the "new line" character and replacing it with a space character.

Also, the second tag appears to be unintended or corrupt.
Ok, I will try this.
So probably the the tags have been corrupt all the time and I made things worse by copying and pasting.

Problem solved, many thanks
Reference URL's