MinimServer Forum

Full Version: QNAP QUFirewall blocking minimserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey Simon,

running v2. here, I recently enabled qufirewall app and it looks like its blocking minimserver

I've whitelisted 9790 and it didn't help, I think it's blocking outbound!

qnap apps are to 'automatically' whitelisted, there's no place to configure apps.

i tried to stop and start minimserver to let qnap announce new ports in hopes it would discover minim app and whitelist it and it didn't work.

any suggestions to get this working?
What are you using for your firewall profile? Is it one of the three standard profiles or have you created your own?
(22-04-2021 08:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]What are you using for your firewall profile? Is it one of the three standard profiles or have you created your own?

default restricted security profile #3, added port 9790 for my subnet

the app should appear in the top rule for outbound applications 'automatically' lol

enabling and restarting kazoo or any control point loses connection, no media servers. Disabling firewall and restarting immediately shows up again.
MinimServer also uses port 9791 (TCP) and port 1900 (UDP).
(22-04-2021 13:40)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]MinimServer also uses port 9791 (TCP) and port 1900 (UDP).

well that explains it! Mr. Google failed me

thanks, all working now!
Reference URL's