MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Best solution for retagging files referenced by MinimServer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am currently using MP3Tag to modify the tag information in the files referenced by MinimServer 2.0 basic.

Is there a better alternative or does the paid version of MinimServer allow for this?

Thank you!
MinimServer is a server only, in all versions. It reads tags but does not write them.

If you tag your files on Windows, Mp3tag is a good choice. It works well and is very widely used.
(25-02-2021 15:13)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]MinimServer is a server only, in all versions. It reads tags but does not write them.

If you tag your files on Windows, Mp3tag is a good choice. It works well and is very widely used.

Roger that. I am considering moving away from another server that I pay for that allows tagging internally and before I leave them I want to be sure.
(25-02-2021 14:55)BlueSky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am currently using MP3Tag to modify the tag information in the files referenced by MinimServer 2.0 basic.

Is there a better alternative or does the paid version of MinimServer allow for this?

Thank you!

I use mp3tag occasionally but most often use MediaMonkey. There is a free trial version you can experiment with.
Beware of MediaMonkey. In some cases it can permanently damage your files. See this post.
My vote goes to foobar2000.
Its biggest advantage is its biggest drawback, and thats how configurable it is, so much so that it put me off many moons ago, but once I'd dedicated a couple of hours to getting a layout that worked for me, the learning curve beyond that is no different to any other tool.
It's a library manager, tag editor, player and has extensive component support, but the one thing I miss from mp3tag is the regular expression support.

I've attached my layout, and if it works for you I could knock up a very basic set of instructions with how to set it up that way.
I would go no further than Mp3tag. Straightforward to use and as customisable as you want it to be. A modest donation is requested, but only if you think it is appropriate.
(25-02-2021 17:15)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Beware of MediaMonkey. In some cases it can permanently damage your files. See this post.

Thanks Simon, hadn’t seen that post.

Fortunately I keep my files as flac rather than wav and use MinimStreamer to convert on the fly to wav while serving my streamer.
On a Mac, the best tagging app, for me, is Metadatics
Reference URL's