MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Remote Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have MinimServer installed on a PC that I access remotely. I have noticed that if the PC reboots automatically after, say, a Windows update, MinimServer will not run until I have logged in to the PC remotely. Is this a known issue (possibly with Java), and if so, is there a workaround?

Thank you
The simplest way to do this is to create a task in Task Scheduler. For a detailed explanation of the trade-offs of the various options, see this thread.

In summary, if you decide to do this using Task Scheduler, you should set

Trigger: At system startup
Run whether user is logged on or not
Start a program: javaw
Add arguments: -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar" --set watch.view=log
Start in: C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib
(20-02-2021 23:38)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The simplest way to do this is to create a task in Task Scheduler. For a detailed explanation of the trade-offs of the various options, see this thread.

In summary, if you decide to do this using Task Scheduler, you should set

Trigger: At system startup
Run whether user is logged on or not
Start a program: javaw
Add arguments: -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar" --set watch.view=log
Start in: C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib

Thank you, Simon, that works. The only oddity is that MinimWatch is now picking up another instance of MinimServer that I am running on an entirely different (remote) network. However, it is red as (unsurprisingly) it cannot find the directory.
Is the MinimServer instance you want to see in MinimWatch on a different subnet from the instance you don't want to see? If so, MinimWatch might be selecting the wrong subnet and you might need to set the ohnet.subnet property in the MinimWatch properties (not the MinimServer properties) to fix this. For more infomation about this, see this section.

You can check which subnet MinimWatch is using by viewing the MinimWatch log (not the MinimServer log). To view the MinimWatch log, select Options > Show log (watch) from the MinimWatch minim icon.
I am seeing the instances of MinimServer that I want to see, but also another instance that is on an entirely different network (in a different location).
If the IP address of this instance is on the same local subnet as the instances that you want to see, MinimWatch will pick it up.
It has started to pick it up only since I set up a scheduled task to start MinimServer. It is clearly some sort of quirk - but as it is not causing a problem, I will not worry about it.
I don't see how this could affect what MinimServer instances are picked up by MinimWatch.

Is the unexpected MinimServer instance on the same subnet as the expected MinimServer instances?
It is on a different subnet.
Something strange is happening. In the MinimWatch log (not the MinimServer log), what is the value shown for the active subnet?
Reference URL's