MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Search not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I can’t find an answer to this noob question, but should I be able to search all my files from the top level? Now I always have to enter a Tag folder, for instance Artists and then type the artist name or a part of it.

Thanks! Steven

MinimServer 2.0.18
Synology

Settings:
displayName = NAIM_MinimServer
indexTags = All Artists: Artiesten, Genre, Date: Jaar, #AudioQuality: Kwaliteit, #AudioData: Bitrate
itemTags = Tracknumber
stream.transcode = aac:wav24,alac:wav24,flac:wav24,mp3:wav24,*:L16
tagFormat = Artist.displayFormat={$artist^^^ / },Album.displayFormat={$album$date},Title.displayFormat={$title^$tracknumber^ [^]}
tagOptions = Album.sortTags={Date, Album, Artist},Artist.reverseName.display,AlbumArtist.reverseName.display

[attachment=2171]

[attachment=2172]

[attachment=2173]
The user interface for searching is controlled by your control point, not by MinimServer.
Ah, thank you Simon. So Naim streamers nor the iOs app mConnect will let me do a global search from the top level?
I tried this with mConnect Lite and it is as you say. The search is local only (it does not send a UPnP Search request to MinimServer) and it does not return any results if done at the top level.
Thank you for checking. Good to know for certain I am not doing something wrong on the minimserver settings or firewall of the synology or anything. Appreciated. Good evening.
(06-02-2021 19:22)RexManning Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, thank you Simon. So Naim streamers nor the iOs app mConnect will let me do a global search from the top level?

Linn Kazoo, for Openhome, will search all items from the top menu.

As will MusicLife from Harman, UPNP, although it requires manual selection of a separate Albums, Artists or Tracks tab, but not the MinimServer index items. So, you can enter a search item and then select Album, then Artist and then Tracks, without re-entering the search item.

Both are iOS apps.

BubbleUPNP, Android app, also searches all items from the top menu.
Thank you very much Alan!

mConnect is also not handling my tags very nicely anyway, so not a fan and I am always on the lookout for a better iOs player for playing with headphones on the iOs devices.

I am secretly hoping my new Naim streamer will also do this, being on a new platform then my old one.
(06-02-2021 21:57)Alandbush Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2021 19:22)RexManning Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, thank you Simon. So Naim streamers nor the iOs app mConnect will let me do a global search from the top level?

Linn Kazoo, for Openhome, will search all items from the top menu.

As will MusicLife from Harman, UPNP, although it requires manual selection of a separate Albums, Artists or Tracks tab, but not the MinimServer index items. So, you can enter a search item and then select Album, then Artist and then Tracks, without re-entering the search item.

Both are iOS apps.

BubbleUPNP, Android app, also searches all items from the top menu.

8Player iOS does search from the top menu ( not divided in albums,artists etc. like Kazoo does though)
8player, wow, tried that over 10 years ago for video, didn’t know it still exists, will give it a go. Kazoo is only for Linn right?
(07-02-2021 13:53)RexManning Wrote: [ -> ]8player, wow, tried that over 10 years ago for video, didn’t know it still exists, will give it a go. Kazoo is only for Linn right?

Not specific Linn, but your renderer needs to be "openhome".
Naim renderers are UPnP/DNLA and you cannot use openhome apps like Kazoo,Lumin etc.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's