MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Displaying Artist and Albums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Minim-Friends,

i am a complete new enthusiast of Streaming and Minim, but a newcomer as well! So i installed Minimserver on my Synology DS920+ and MinimWatch on my PC. I started the server and selected content directory and everythings works fine.
But the problems are the properties of displaying the content!
The current status is like this:

[Image: image.png]

But thats way too much for me! I just want to have Ordneransicht (folder view), Interpret (artist) and Alben (but without the number of albums!).

And the main Problem is:

I dont want to have sub folders in Artists with multiple albums.
The current version is (e.g. ACDC)
ACDC --> Subfolders: albums, articles, date and genere.
But i want to have all the albums directly "underneath" the artist sorted by date.

Is that possible?

Greetings from Germany!
Which control point are you using? It looks like it is changing the sort order of the index menu sent by MinimServer. For example, [nicht markiert] should be last, not first.
(04-02-2021 11:46)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Which control point are you using? It looks like it is changing the sort order of the index menu sent by MinimServer. For example, [nicht markiert] should be last, not first.

What do you mean by control point? Sorry i'm completely new Angel
(04-02-2021 11:20)Regade Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Minim-Friends,

i am a complete new enthusiast of Streaming and Minim, but a newcomer as well! So i installed Minimserver on my Synology DS920+ and MinimWatch on my PC. I started the server and selected content directory and everythings works fine.

But thats way too much for me! I just want to have Ordneransicht (folder view), Interpret (artist) and Alben (but without the number of albums!).

And the main Problem is:

But i want to have all the albums directly "underneath" the artist sorted by date.

Is that possible?

Greetings from Germany!

@simoncn the OP is using the Windows This PC view were clearly the MinimServer sort order is not observed.

@regade, the minimum you can specify will show Artist , Albums(xx), Items(xx) and Folder view

You can achieve this by using Minimwatch (right-click system tray Minimwatch icon and select properties)
Set the following properties:

IndexTags
Code:
Artist
ItemTags
Code:
Date
TagOptions
Code:
Album.sortTags={Date}

Select apply and restart MinimServer by using Minimwatch (right-click system tray Minimwatch icon and select Restart)

Nb - as previously noted, however, the album sort instruction will be ignored by Windows. You need a control point to achieve this.

A Control point is an application that displays your audio in a more pleasing way than plain old Windows. These applications usually obey the MinimServer instructions such as sorting Albums by date.

You could try Windows Media player or Linn Kazoo for the PC.

Ps - control point applications can also run on a mobile or tablet device. A little more difficult to implement.
(04-02-2021 13:45)Alandbush Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2021 11:20)Regade Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Minim-Friends,

And the main Problem is:

Is that possible?

Greetings from Germany!

@simoncn the OP is using the Windows This PC view were clearly the MinimServer sort order is not observed.

@regade, the minimum you can specify will show Artist , Albums(xx), Items(xx) and Folder view

You can achieve this by using Minimwatch (right-click system tray Minimwatch icon and select properties)
Set the following properties:

IndexTags
Code:
Artist
ItemTags
Code:
Date
TagOptions
Code:
Album.sortTags={Date}

Select apply and restart MinimServer by using Minimwatch (right-click system tray Minimwatch icon and select Restart)

Nb - as previously noted, however, the album sort instruction will be ignored by Windows. You need a control point to achieve this.

A Control point is an application that displays your audio in a more pleasing way than plain old Windows. These applications usually obey the MinimServer instructions such as sorting Albums by date.

You could try Windows Media player or Linn Kazoo for the PC.

Ps - control point applications can also run on a mobile or tablet device. A little more difficult to implement.

Thanks a lot for the fast response! It works nearly perfect. I solved the problem with the not marked folder. So right now my CP (i'm learning Tongue) looks like this:

[Image: IMG-2248.png]

But is it possible to move the artist to the top and to delete the songs complete and the number in front of the albums?

And second thing: Delete the number of the songs in the "album view"?

[Image: IMG-2249.png]

THANKS!
(04-02-2021 14:03)Regade Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the fast response! It works nearly perfect. I solved the problem with the not marked folder. So right now my CP (i'm learning Tongue) looks like this:

[Image: IMG-2248.png]

But is it possible to move the artist to the top and to delete the songs complete and the number in front of the albums?

[Image: IMG-2249.png]

THANKS!

You have got upto speed very quickly. Excellent. Big Grin

You cannot change the order or style of the first two index items on the main index, I'm afraid to say.

You can remove the tag index entries at the lower levels by using the

listViewAlbums Property set to
Code:

See Listview section for more details.
(04-02-2021 14:38)Alandbush Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2021 14:03)Regade Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the fast response! It works nearly perfect. I solved the problem with the not marked folder. So right now my CP (i'm learning Tongue) looks like this:

THANKS!

You have got upto speed very quickly. Excellent. Big Grin

You cannot change the order or style of the first two index items on the main index, I'm afraid to say.

You can remove the tag index entries at the lower levels by using the

listViewAlbums Property set to
Code:

See Listview section for more details.

I deleted the pictures out of the Post because they were too big Wink

The lower one worked, that the Songs are not displayed in the album view anymore. Is it also not possible to delete the Tag Artikel (Songs) in the "start view"? And not a single possibility to change "1201 albums" to "albums"?
I can live with the order artists listed below the albums.
(04-02-2021 15:24)Regade Wrote: [ -> ]Is it also not possible to delete the Tag Artikel (Songs) in the "start view"? And not a single possibility to change "1201 albums" to "albums"?

I am very confident in answering that they cannot be changed.

However, @simoncn (the developer) may wish to confirm my answer.
Even, perhaps, explain why it is as it is.
(04-02-2021 15:48)Alandbush Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2021 15:24)Regade Wrote: [ -> ]Is it also not possible to delete the Tag Artikel (Songs) in the "start view"? And not a single possibility to change "1201 albums" to "albums"?

I am very confident in answering that they cannot be changed.

However, @simoncn (the developer) may wish to confirm my answer.
Even, perhaps, explain why it is as it is.

A change by the developer would be very nice! But i think a wish from one user is nearly impossible to change.
But i think in the codec for the programming it is just an array for the number? Like <array numbers> albums?!

Is it not possible that i can change it by myself by deleting <array>?
You can remove this number by doing the following:

1) Create a plain text file named ServerBundle_de.properties containing these lines:

text.album = Album
text.albums = Alben

2) Upload this file to the etc subfolder of the MinimServer shared folder on your Synology NAS

3) Restart MinimServer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's