MinimServer Forum

Full Version: correct writing for external usb disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,
I am a new user of MinimServer, and while I work pretty well with my Qnap Nas configuration, I am finding some problems with an external Usb disk linked with my computer working on W10.
max1(disk)-->Playlistmax1 (folder)
Volume(disk)-->Playlistmax2 (folder)
Could you gently give me some support on this particular matter or in wich part of installation guide to find for?

Massimo[attachment=2142]
What do you have currently for your contentDir setting for MinimServer on Windows 10? What folders do you want MinimServer to scan?
Thanks for your quick reply.

excuse me ..."contentDir setting for MinimServer on Windows 10?"could explain better what you mean for me ?

These folders:

Playlistmax1 (folder)

Playlistmax2 (folder)
I am not sure how far you have got already with installing MinimServer on Windows. The best place to start is this section.

Follow all the steps carefully as shown. When you get to step 8, you are prompted to select the initial content directory. This is the top-level folder that contains your music files. The value you choose for this (or have already chosen) is your contentDir setting.

You can check your contentDir setting by right-clicking the minim icon (musical note) in your Windows system tray and selecting Properties. The Properties window contains a field labelled 'contentDir'.
(23-01-2021 18:07)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure how far you have got already with installing MinimServer on Windows. The best place to start is this section.

Follow all the steps carefully as shown. When you get to step 8, you are prompted to select the initial content directory. This is the top-level folder that contains your music files. The value you choose for this (or have already chosen) is your contentDir setting.

You can check your contentDir setting by right-clicking the minim icon (musical note) in your Windows system tray and selecting Properties. The Properties window contains a field labelled 'contentDir'.
Hello again,
I got it the correct setting working on right contectDir page.My mistake was trying to set the contecDir for my computer using the Nas contectDir
previously worked.
Thanks a lot for your precious technical support
Massimo
Hello again,
I got it the correct setting working on right contectDir page.My mistake was trying to set the contecDir for my computer using the Nas contectDir
previously worked.
Thanks a lot for your precious technical support
Massimo
Reference URL's