MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimWatch: Configure does nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,
as promised i just bought the Full Licence.
(Great that 1 licence is for unlimited instances on one machine)
And I just upgraded my 9 Instances on my Debian9 VM.
Beside an initial http: Port conflict wich I could easily resolve
everything is running like a charm.

Only the new MinimWatch configure option
does exactly nothing on my WIN10pro64 console.

I think it at least should open a browser ?

How comes ?
(not a immediate problem
i can manually put the adress in my browser and everything works
and the rest of MinimWatch works properly)

Oliviander
I am surprised by the port conflict. MinimServer 2 has some changes to resolve port conflicts automatically if you use the default settings as described in the installation instructions.

I am also surprised that Configure doesn't open a browser tab. What is the default system browser on your Windows PC?
(06-01-2021 22:01)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I am surprised by the port conflict. MinimServer 2 has some changes to resolve port conflicts automatically if you use the default settings as described in the installation instructions.

I am also surprised that Configure doesn't open a browser tab. What is the default system browser on your Windows PC?

1. Port conflict
I guess the problem was that I had all Instances updated and then started them together.
They had manual ports set (different http but the same ohnet) and maybe because they all started with starter License one of the instances went red (showing a http.port conflict) and maybe one of the other instances used this port as a ohnet.port as I saw that Minimserver now automatically apllied different ohnet ports to the different instances.

After I licensed all other 8 instances and restartetd the whole server the last instance started without problems.

2.No Browser

I assume this is due to the
AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\libext\idb-1.0.dir\idb.exe

I forbid any executable Files outside the Program directories on
my machine. Usually there is an immediate message if this happens:
But this time I got only a later warning by mail that I overlooked.

Additional Info:
In the meantime I Installed a minimserver Instance on my Console too
from there the calling of the webcongiguration is no problem.

Actually I think it is not a good practice to install executables inside the
AppData Folders (therefore it is called AppData and not AppPrograms),
but that is your design decicion - I can live with it.
Ok I could define an exemption but I don't think it's worth it.

THX fer the great piece of Software
Using a mix of manual and default port settings could cause problems when starting multiple instances together. Removing all manual settings should resolve this problem.

It would be possible to repackage idb.exe as a DLL but this would require some work and it doesn't really change the situation as the same code would be executed from within the DLL.

What software do you use to forbid executable files in AppData? Is this preventing the idb.exe file from running? Also, I am not sure how a check for idb.exe file in AppData/Roaming/MinimServer would prevent MinimWatch from opening a browser tab. This file is not used by MinimWatch.
(07-01-2021 08:40)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Using a mix of manual and default port settings could cause problems when starting multiple instances together. Removing all manual settings should resolve this problem.

It would be possible to repackage idb.exe as a DLL but this would require some work and it doesn't really change the situation as the same code would be executed from within the DLL.

What software do you use to forbid executable files in AppData? Is this preventing the idb.exe file from running? Also, I am not sure how a check for idb.exe file in AppData/Roaming/MinimServer would prevent MinimWatch from opening a browser tab. This file is not used by MinimWatch.

1. Ports:
Yeah I guessed that - did it - and it worked.

2. configure and idb.exe
Ok obviously it has nothing to do with the idb.exe
as "configure" worked today after a reboot of my Computer.
(dunno what prevented it from workin in the frist place)

Actually it is not a program but Windows group policies to prevent
running executable files outside of the programs directory without admin rights.

That leaves one question for me - what is the idb.exe actually doing ?
PM sent.
Reference URL's