MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Music Missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(17-12-2020 10:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for doing this. I will look at these files and advise on the next step.
My NasTwee DS213+ running on 6.2 (same software-version as DS1819+) has no Minimserver installation only MediaServer and Indexerings-Service of Synology itself. So there is a "virgin" Synology availible for further testing as you whish.
(16-12-2020 07:53)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the problem is related to whether or not MinimServer 0.8 was installed previously. I think it is caused by some difference between the library you have on the Melco and the library you have on the Synology.

I requested a log (see this post) that should help me narrow down the cause of the problem. Please provide this log. I cannot do any more to help solve the problem until I have seen this log.

To completely remove MinimServer from the Synology, do the following:

1) If you have activated a MinimServer 2 full license on the Synology, deactivate this lcense.

2) Uninstall MinimServer and choose the option to completely remove MinimServer (not the option to backup the configuration file).

3) In Shared Folders on the Synology, delete the MinimServer shared folder.

MinimServer has now been completely removed. If you want to go back to MinimServer 0.8, you can install it from the Synology Package Center.
MinimServer 0.8 isn't availible anymore in Synology Package Center
Thanks for letting me know about this. I have not asked Synology to remove MinimServer 0.8 from the Package Center and I am surprised that they have done this. I will contact them to ask about this.

You can access the latest MinimServer 0.8 version for Synology by doing a manual download from this page. For your NAS, you need the file MinimServer-x86_64-0.8.5.3.spk.
I checked this on my Synology DS713+ (same processor type as your DS1819+). MinimServer 0.8.5.3 is available in the Package Center, listed under third-party packages.
(20-12-2020 08:07)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I checked this on my Synology DS713+ (same processor type as your DS1819+). MinimServer 0.8.5.3 is available in the Package Center, listed under third-party packages.
For the DS1819+ I didn't check. Today I added Ane Brun located in music shared folder on the DS, to "My Locations" in Linn Kazoo Server. 2005-Duets was picked up in scan, Kazoo Server recognized the .wav as music files but didn't added the music. Kazoo can't read in the tagging of .wav files.
Just checked to be shure with other Wav albums. Kazoo didn't pick up untagged DsD files either.

In package center on the DS1819+ Minimserver in shown as installed. So I can't check what version I get there. My installalion was by hand from the
MinimServer-2.0.12-intel.spk file from minimserver.com
I found the .spk for my DS213+. Did the trace logfile I uploaded reveal any possible cause of the problem?
Did you figure out the next step to narrow down the problem?
I have looked carefully at all the logs and there is nothing there to explain why the folders are empty.

In the MinimServer/appData shared folder, there should be some files with a filetype of .mcache. These files will be large. Please upload the most recent of these files (one file only) to my FTP server. Also, please upload the minimserver.config and minimserver.log files from the same folder. There should be enough quota space for all of these files.
Just jet I uploaded interesting data of logging in Minimserver2.
Tonight I got Duets scanned and playable on my Linn streamer. I removed contentDir of /Music/ left only one of other directories in place. Stopped / restarted rescanned.
Ready in a minute. Then added /volume1/Music again and removed the last remaining dir of the initial install. stopped/started/ rescanned again.
Hopla Album Duets was added wav and flac were emerged as I configured Minim. Did some info and trace logging during these mutations saved them separatly.

Now I could play the flac and Wav music.
I deleted the Wav album, the flac album is the one which was there in the first place. Rescanned, Complete album gone again in artist mode, only cover in folder mode of the two folders.
Playque in the Linn streamer is still able to playback correctly, changed so many tracks to be shure not to be played from a buffer.

Clear trace log again, start playing the Que, logging is writing, then 21;20 stop playback playque and hit play button in folder mode of the gone Duets flac, back to Duets 16-44 wav, tryed to play there , also no Audiofiles found.
Saved trace log again.
Music is still playing the missing album.
To debug the problem, it is important to focus only on scanning and browsing, not playing.

Please post the exact configuration that is not working for scanning and browsing. What exactly do you have in contentDir for this configuration? If you can post your minimserver.config file, I can find the information from that.

It sounds like the problem is related to your contentDir settings but I don't yet have enough information to understand what is wrong.
(20-12-2020 22:49)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]To debug the problem, it is important to focus only on scanning and browsing, not playing.

Please post the exact configuration that is not working for scanning and browsing. What exactly do you have in contentDir for this configuration? If you can post your minimserver.config file, I can find the information from that.

It sounds like the problem is related to your contentDir settings but I don't yet have enough information to understand what is wrong.
I upload in a minute, only thing I can think of in contentDir is: /volume1/ is named volume 1 on the ds.
So after mix up (deleting/adding till everything was deleted and added the contentDir settings) without changing Minimserver2 install itsself. Album was found in re scan. merged in 1 album, but after deleting the 2005-Duets 16-44 wav folder and content, in the re-scan whole album is gone. Linn que is able to play tough. Even the .wav files after I copyed back the deleted 2005-Duets 16-44 wav folder to it's original location.

Just jet I deleted the .wav files again. Linn que is just able to play the flac files. But the deleted .wav music are skipped in the playque.

Key feature of Minimserver to add after re scan without changing the history (so created playlists and excisting Playques keep working) is getting back as us at the moment....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's