MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer not working post upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using the first version of MinimServer and Streamer installed on a PC and controlled by Kazoo on an iphone. I have streamed files and BBC radio streams with no problems. I have bought a license and installed MS 2 and the MSt package and since activating the license it doesn't work at all. Kazoo on my iphone simply does not see MS at all. I have uninstalled, reinstalled refreshed, rescanned and rebooted ad infinitum but there is no change. Kazoo is working in the sense that it still operated my Linn Majik and plays content not requiring a server or streamer.
I also have Kazoo on the PC and was previously been able to select content from the PC and send it to the Majik. This instance of Kazoo can still see all the content on the PC but when I try to play it there is no stream between the PC and the Majik and it won't play.
I would be very grateful for any ideas.

[/size]
This sounds like it might be a firewall issue on the PC preventing inbound UPnP connections to MinimServer. You need to have firewall exceptions for inbound connections to the Java runtime for both TCP and UDP on all ports. To confirm that this is the problem, you can completely disable the firewall on the PC as a test.

You should also check that the network on your PC is configured as private, not public. The Windows firewall blocks UPnP by default on public networks.
(07-11-2020 18:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like it might be a firewall issue on the PC preventing inbound UPnP connections to MinimServer. You need to have firewall exceptions for inbound connections to the Java runtime for both TCP and UDP on all ports. To confirm that this is the problem, you can completely disable the firewall on the PC as a test.

You should also check that the network on your PC is configured as private, not public. The Windows firewall blocks UPnP by default on public networks.

It was the network configured as public. Thanks for the suggestion.
Reference URL's