MinimServer Forum

Full Version: a non important little bug (just FYI)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon

just FYI: I have a Mac with a second screen attached via HDMI, creating two different displays (not a duplication)

now: I open the Minimserver property window on one screen, and I drag it to the second screen

This causes minimwatch to crash

Again, not a big deal, just for your information
Thanks for letting me know about this. Is there a message in the minimwatch.log file when this happens, or a minimwatch-crash-* file? You can find these files in the folder ~/Library/MinimWatch.

Also, what version of Java are you using? What version of macOS are you using?
Simon,

just FYI I tried this on my Windows 10 setup with two screens and it works fine.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Ver 2004, OS Build 19041.572, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Peter
(31-10-2020 19:14)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for letting me know about this. Is there a message in the minimwatch.log file when this happens, or a minimwatch-crash-* file? You can find these files in the folder ~/Library/MinimWatch.

Also, what version of Java are you using? What version of macOS are you using?

Mac OSX 10.15.7
Java 8 update 271 build 09
no crash log in minimwatch

Well, I suspected rather a java error.

And then I found those java crash logs. I attached one of them. Hope it helps...
There have been some Java bug reports of similar issues but most have been closed as not able to reproduce. You could try installing the latest version of Java (Java 15). You can download Java 15 from this page.
Reference URL's