MinimServer Forum

Full Version: invisible minimserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We all know that UPnP is a very instable protocol, and that, as an example, the renderer dissappear from Lumin app, but by unloading the app and loading again they all are magically back.

But today, suddenly, and without any change, after many month without this issue, minimserver has totally dissapeared from the radar: no app (even kazoo) sees it, whether is it on my iPad, iPhone or iMac; and the minimwatch icon is grey.

However, login onto my synology, and lauching minimserver (on port 9790) is perfectly fine: minimserver is up and running.

I rebooted my router: no way.

To be clear : I have only one network (192.168.73.x), ohnet is fine.

What shall I do ? I have now no music...

A side question should I tick or not UPnP discovery in the router ?
OK, untick UPnP on my router: minimserver is now visible by control apps.

But the minimwatch icon is still grey...
Try clicking Refresh from the MinimWatch menu. If that doesn't work, try restarting MinimWatch.
(19-10-2020 12:21)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Try clicking Refresh from the MinimWatch menu. If that doesn't work, try restarting MinimWatch.

I have done this several times. Including re-downloading from your website, including rebooting my mac.

Still grey, but at least my apps can see minimserver now, once I ticked off UPnP from my router.

Now: behind the router, I have a mesh network (DECO M5). But it used to work...
It sounds like this might be an issue with the device running MinimWatch. What device is this? Can you try a UPnP control point running on this device?
(20-10-2020 08:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like this might be an issue with the device running MinimWatch. What device is this? Can you try a UPnP control point running on this device?

Macbook Pro, Mac OSX 10.15.7 (Catalina)

I have opened Kazoo on this Mac, no problem to browse minimserver, all is fine.

I also launched iso2dsd to check if java is on; no issue there
Are you using MinimWatch 2.0.13? MinimWatch 0.8 is unable to discover MinimServer 2. To check your version of MinimWatch, select Options > About (watch) from the MinimWatch menu.

MinimWatch 2.0.13 is working for me on macOS 10.15.7.
(20-10-2020 11:11)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using MinimWatch 2.0.13? MinimWatch 0.8 is unable to discover MinimServer 2. To check your version of MinimWatch, select Options > About (watch) from the MinimWatch menu.

MinimWatch 2.0.13 is working for me on macOS 10.15.7.

Yes of course, all latest version. And again, it used to work. Then it stopped working suddenly, and I could not see minimserver until I ticked off UPnP on my router.

When I launch minimwatch, here is what happens (each line multiple time) using UPnP analyzer on Mac OSX. Image attached as the system don't like it ;-)

[attachment=2001]
Thans for the log output. Only the first of these requests is coming from MinimWatch.

Have you made a firewall exception on your Mac for MinimWatch 2? If there is one from the MinimWatch 0.8 days, it might not be working for MinimWatch 2. Try removing this and adding it again for MinimWatch 2.
I have no firewall.

Again, it used to work, and it stopped without any rational reason.

Which I hate.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's