MinimServer Forum

Full Version: 24bit Wav will not play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The file format is corrupt. The corruption is in the ID3 tag chunk at the start of the file. Perhaps QuickTime is processing this corrupt chunk as if it were audio data. If so, you might hear a very slight click at the start of playback.

What did Bleep say when you reported this problem to them?
(24-10-2020 16:48)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The file format is corrupt. The corruption is in the ID3 tag chunk at the start of the file. Perhaps QuickTime is processing this corrupt chunk as if it were audio data. If so, you might hear a very slight click at the start of playback.

they suggested i try the files on a different media player. QuickTime was the only alternative i had available. I had shared your feedback with them.

best
(24-10-2020 16:57)Jon Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-10-2020 16:48)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The file format is corrupt. The corruption is in the ID3 tag chunk at the start of the file. Perhaps QuickTime is processing this corrupt chunk as if it were audio data. If so, you might hear a very slight click at the start of playback.

they suggested i try the files on a different media player. QuickTime was the only alternative i had available. I had shared your feedback with them.

best

Just a thought..........

When I've had corrupted files in the past I've tried opening them with 'XLD' which does format conversion and ripping for music files. In many cases the files were opened and could be converted to whatever format one wanted and the corruption was removed in the process. Worth a try perhaps.
Thanks- i have DBPowerAmp installed & used that to convert the wav24 format back into wav24 - no luck.
If you don't simply feel like giving up at this point, you could try opening the file as a project in Audacity (free), and then exporting as whatever you want, including WAV. At least if the file will open you will have a chance of actually seeing what might be wrong with it.
If that does not work I would delete.......

Donuk
Thanks for the tip - I'm going to wait & see if Bleep come back with anything.......The FLAC plays fine. It's more of an annoyance now that the wav24 won't play.
You could use dbPoweramp (or similar) to convert the FLAC files to WAV, or use MinimStreamer transcoding to do this on the fly while streaming.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's