MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Gapless Playback from NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't get gapless to work from my Synology 216J. I removed all transcoding from my profile. I use my Oppo 203 as my playback device. My Oppo does play gapless when I attach music to the devices USB port. Any ideas on where to start looking?
Which control point are you using?
(16-10-2020 14:42)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Which control point are you using?
I'm just using the Oppo 203 front end. I got to Network, it finds the instances of Minim Server I have, then I select one of them and play. I don't use any app.
This means that the issue is caused by the player, not the server or the control point. Some players can only play gapless from USB, not over UPnP. I suggest you contact Oppo and ask whether gapless over UPnP is supported by this player.
That seems to be the case...
Thanks Simon, Oppo confirmed that Gapless Playback is only available with the USB port.
(17-10-2020 12:56)aspaceintime Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Simon, Oppo confirmed that Gapless Playback is only available with the USB port.

I had few years ago an email exchange with Oppo about this (it was before they shutdown).

Their answer was: "gapless is not a priority"
Oppo support has been very good considering they don't make anything anymore. If I want gapless, all I need to do is hook up my backup copy of my music to the USB input of the Oppo. The only items that don't play gapless are the DVD-A and SACD multi channel files (DSD) that were ripped by Golden Ear Digital.

I was going to buy a streamer, but I put that on hold. I like the way the Oppo display's the album art and metadata on my TV. Likewise, if I use the HEOS app for my Marantz 7705, it too display's the album are and some metadata on the TV. It will not play the Hi Res DSD files. In my research, I found that unless you are willing to spend several thousand dollars the network players that have HDMI outputs are minuscule.
(20-10-2020 14:11)aspaceintime Wrote: [ -> ]Oppo support has been very good considering they don't make anything anymore. If I want gapless, all I need to do is hook up my backup copy of my music to the USB input of the Oppo. The only items that don't play gapless are the DVD-A and SACD multi channel files (DSD) that were ripped by Golden Ear Digital.

I was going to buy a streamer, but I put that on hold. I like the way the Oppo display's the album art and metadata on my TV. Likewise, if I use the HEOS app for my Marantz 7705, it too display's the album are and some metadata on the TV. It will not play the Hi Res DSD files. In my research, I found that unless you are willing to spend several thousand dollars the network players that have HDMI outputs are minuscule.

To play your DSD, just use minimstreamer to convert them in Wav. It works very well !
(20-10-2020 14:57)lyapounov Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-10-2020 14:11)aspaceintime Wrote: [ -> ]Oppo support has been very good considering they don't make anything anymore. If I want gapless, all I need to do is hook up my backup copy of my music to the USB input of the Oppo. The only items that don't play gapless are the DVD-A and SACD multi channel files (DSD) that were ripped by Golden Ear Digital.

To play your DSD, just use minimstreamer to convert them in Wav. It works very well !
What would those settings look like? And would it playback in multi channel?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's