MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver 2 Content Directory error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Since I updated to Minimserver 2 on my Synology DS418, I get repeatedly an error with the Content Directory. A red message notifies me that the content directory is not set.

When selecting the previous set directory, a new scan starts until the next time the error appears. Sometimes even the same day.

The error prevents me from rescanning the musiclibrary from my iPad where I have Minimserver as my UPNP server selected.

Is there a solution to this. Does anyone else experience this also?

brgds, Adrie
It sounds like something might be deleting or modifying your MinimServer configuration file. This file is in the MinimServer/appData shared folder and is named minimserver.config. There might also be a file in this folder named minimserver.config.save.

The next time this happens, before you set the content directory and restart MinimServer, please check the MinimServer/appData shared folder and post the contents of the minimserver.config and/or minimserver.config.save files here. Please also post the contents of the default.profile file (in the same folder).
Image of error: https://cd-score.nl/thuis/

minimserver.config:

.configVersion = 2.0.126
.licenseType = starter
minimserver.activeProfile = default
minimserver.monitorUDN = 3286e697-67d9-4aa5-9fde-625966e4f565
minimserver.udn = a14dc09b-7c3d-40af-b285-52e7b9d6a99b
minimserver.systemUpdateID = 19
minimserver.configVersion = 2.0.127
minimserver.license = 2.0.4
minimserver.welcomePage = no
minimserver.contentDir = /volume1/Music/A&A
.integrityCheck = 25474f4bf04c0e514016d9e7c0e338c87

minimserver.config.save:

.configVersion = 2.0.126
.licenseType = starter
minimserver.activeProfile = default
minimserver.monitorUDN = 3286e697-67d9-4aa5-9fde-625966e4f565
minimserver.udn = a14dc09b-7c3d-40af-b285-52e7b9d6a99b
minimserver.systemUpdateID = 19
minimserver.configVersion = 2.0.127
minimserver.license = 2.0.4
minimserver.welcomePage = no
minimserver.contentDir = /volume1/Music/A&A
.integrityCheck = 25474f4bf04c0e514016d9e7c0e338c87

default.profile:

contentDir = /volume1/Music/A&A
Thanks for this. The screenshot shows that /volume1/Music/A&A is already selected as your content directory (Your selected content directory is...). The configuration files that you have posted show the correct value for the contentDir property.

I am not sure how you got the red message but it should not prevent rescanning. What exactly did you do just before the red message was shown? If you clicked the Update button with no value in the Content directory field, this would produce the red message. To do a rescan, you need to click Rescan, not Update.
(11-10-2020 21:52)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this. The screenshot shows that /volume1/Music/A&A is already selected as your content directory (Your selected content directory is...). The configuration files that you have posted show the correct value for the contentDir property.

I am not sure how you got the red message but it should not prevent rescanning. What exactly did you do just before the red message was shown? If you clicked the Update button with no value in the Content directory field, this would produce the red message. To do a rescan, you need to click Rescan, not Update.

Hi,
The red message does not prevent from scanning. When I press Rescan on the url page, the red message disappears.

Nothing wrong there but, on the iPad the rescan result does not appear when choosing rescan on the iPad.

At first the Minimserver is a period offline, much longer than the previous version. Only after manual rescanning on the Synology app (URL page), new content wil be available.
How exactly are you doing the rescan on the iPad? Also, where are you looking on the iPad to see whether the rescan has worked?
(12-10-2020 18:18)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly are you doing the rescan on the iPad? Also, where are you looking on the iPad to see whether the rescan has worked?

See the images on: https://cd-score.nl/thuis/
Thanks for these screenshots. I understand what is causing the problem and why you are seeing the red message.

This issue is specific to the LUMIN app and how this app does a MinimServer rescan. There is a fix in MinimServer to make this work but this fix is not yet available for QNAP.

I will post back here when the fix is available for QNAP. Until then, you can rescan on your iPad using the MinimServer configuration page in a web browser.
(13-10-2020 12:48)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for these screenshots. I understand what is causing the problem and why you are seeing the red message.

This issue is specific to the LUMIN app and how this app does a MinimServer rescan. There is a fix in MinimServer to make this work but this fix is not yet available for QNAP.

I will post back here when the fix is available for QNAP. Until then, you can rescan on your iPad using the MinimServer configuration page in a web browser.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the help!

I'm using a Synology NAS, so I hope the fix will be available for Synology (to?).

Any idea when this will be?
The fix will be available for Synology as well as QNAP. I can't give an exact date but it shouldn't be too long to wait.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's