MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Synology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my new setup, DS218J, I am experiencing occasional dropouts either at the beginning of a file or at the end of the file. It never happen in the previous set up using a MiniMac. Are there any settings in MS that will help?
What are your settings for stream.transcode and stream.options? What files (filetype and resolution) are showing this problem?
(15-08-2020 07:33)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]What are your settings for stream.transcode and stream.options? What files (filetype and resolution) are showing this problem?
I am playing AIFF 44.1 Khz and 96Khz files. The Synology streams to an Auralic Aries, I am assuming that the network stream is processed by the Aries, correct?
Are you using MinimStreamer to transcode these files? What are your settings for stream.transcode and stream.options? Transcoding (if you are doing it) happens on the machine running MinimServer.
I am not transcoding or did not set it to do so, the streamer was installed and it ran on its default settings
I am very surprised that this is happening without transcoding. Are your music files on a local drive within the Synology NAS or are they accessed over the network?
Yes, the files are on a local drive on the Synology, there is a local network for the music room (using a Linksys 7500) to which the Aries (Wi-FI) and the Synology (ethernet) are connected. The streaming is by WI-FI to the Aries. The Synology has 512MB, could this be an issue?
Can you try an Ethernet connection to the Aries? Sometimes wi-fi can have issues. 512MB of memory should not be a problem.
I will try ethernet, wi-fi is used because it sounds better. I mentioned the memory because in my previous setup (macmini) all music was stored in a hybrid hd. It was later changed to a larger std hd, the music stop and Lighting DS reported that it was buffering. The std hd was replaced by a hybrid hd and the problem was gone.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's