MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver 2 compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dumb question No. 1. (I will probably have more)
I am wondering if my Synology DS218j will work with MinimServer 2

In the CPU info it says I have a MARVELL Armada 385 88F6820. I am assuming that is a v3? If so I guess that isn't compatable?
This NAS is compatible with MinimServer 2 and I don't know what you mean by v3. See this section for a list of supported models and processor types (ARMv7 for the DS218j) and this section for installation instructions.
(08-08-2020 12:30)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This NAS is compatible with MinimServer 2 and I don't know what you mean by v3. See this section for a list of supported models and processor types (ARMv7 for the DS218j) and this section for installation instructions.

Thanks Simon. I assumed it was a v3 because the number started with a 3. I couldn't work out that it was an ARMv7 from the information given, so thanks for enlightening me.
Just installed it and it was much easier than I thought. It installed over the previous version without me having to do much at all. Excellent, I have activated the trial but I may just purchase it before the 30 days are up anyway.
Reference URL's