MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Using app with minimserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I have installed Audionet (trial version) to try this. On my network, both Audionet and BubbleUPnP find MinimServer immediately on being started.

I have looked again at the debug log that you sent me earlier and there are some M-SEARCH messages in there that are similar to the M-SEARCH messages I am seeing from Audionet on my network. MinimServer is responding to these messages. These are not the M-SEARCH messages that a UPnP control point would usually send but they are valid M-SEARCH messages. From this, it seems most likely that MinimServer is receiving M-SEARCH messages from Audionet and is sending responses to these messages but either your network or AVG is blocking these responses so that Audionet does not receive them. Because these responses are sent using UDP, it is not possible for MinimServer to know that they have not been received.
(24-08-2020 21:44)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed Audionet (trial version) to try this. On my network, both Audionet and BubbleUPnP find MinimServer immediately on being started.

I have looked again at the debug log that you sent me earlier and there are some M-SEARCH messages in there that are similar to the M-SEARCH messages I am seeing from Audionet on my network. MinimServer is responding to these messages. These are not the M-SEARCH messages that a UPnP control point would usually send but they are valid M-SEARCH messages. From this, it seems most likely that MinimServer is receiving M-SEARCH messages from Audionet and is sending responses to these messages but either your network or AVG is blocking these responses so that Audionet does not receive them. Because these responses are sent using UDP, it is not possible for MinimServer to know that they have not been received.
Mmmm.... I did install the IOS version on my iPad to do the test I mentioned.
My wife uses a Android tablet and we did install the Audionet aMM trial version.
Result: MinimServer and all renderers found in a split second (app looks much better than the IOS version) and the volumecontrol button does work in contrary to the IOS version.
(24-08-2020 21:44)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed Audionet (trial version) to try this. On my network, both Audionet and BubbleUPnP find MinimServer immediately on being started.

but either your network or AVG is blocking these responses so that Audionet does not receive them. Because these responses are sent using UDP, it is not possible for MinimServer to know that they have not been received.
I did twice a investigation by a technician from AVG if the Minimserver is blocked by AVG anti virus scanner
And both technician say that there was no blocking.
I thought also i checked it again by setting AVG off , but it makes no difference
It seems that the network is blocking then?

tv lan cable -> router <- lan cable computer ( on computer audionet PC installed : also blocked )
Note: smart tv is recogonised by aMM app
Did the AVG technician check whether the M-SEARCH response was being blocked or only the request? The M-SEARCH response is an outbound UDP message sent by the Windows machine to the control point device (your phone). It might not be obvious to the AVG firewall that this outbound UDP message is being sent in reply to an inbound M-SEARCH request.

If the AVG firewall is not blocking this outbound UDP message, it must be the network that is blocking it.

One more thought: do you have any antivirus or firewall software on your phone that could be blocking this UDP message?
(25-08-2020 11:56)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Did the AVG technician check whether the M-SEARCH response was being blocked or only the request? The M-SEARCH response is an outbound UDP message sent by the Windows machine to the control point device (your phone). It might not be obvious to the AVG firewall that this outbound UDP message is being sent in reply to an inbound M-SEARCH request.

If the AVG firewall is not blocking this outbound UDP message, it must be the network that is blocking it.

One more thought: do you have any antivirus or firewall software on your phone that could be blocking this UDP message?

@simon : Can this issue still be caused by IGMP snooping?
The OP his router has a setting for IGMP snooping [attachment=1977]
this setting might be blokked by his ISP so probably he is not able to change this. Most of the time ISPs enable IGMP snooping in my experience
IGMP snooping could stop the M-SEARCH request (a multicast message) being received by MinimServer but it would not block the UDP response (a unicast message). My analysis of the log sent by the OP indicates that the M-SEARCH request was received and a UDP response was sent by MinimServer.
(25-08-2020 13:37)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]@simon : Can this issue still be caused by IGMP snooping?
The OP his router has a setting for IGMP snooping
this setting might be blokked by his ISP so probably he is not able to change this. Most of the time ISPs enable IGMP snooping in my experience
Thanks this has been discussed earlier : snooping in a earlier post
The screenschot is not up to date for the tele2 router it has chanced
There is no snoopy option anymore to find.
(25-08-2020 11:56)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Did the AVG technician check whether the M-SEARCH response was being blocked or only the request? The M-SEARCH response is an outbound UDP message sent by the Windows machine to the control point device (your phone). It might not be obvious to the AVG firewall that this outbound UDP message is being sent in reply to an inbound M-SEARCH request.
I don't know this unfortunely
(25-08-2020 11:56)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]If the AVG firewall is not blocking this outbound UDP message, it must be the network that is blocking it.

i removed the AVG scanner on the Phone ( but the issue is the same for the pc )
When disable the whole scanner on pc the issu stays: i check it again..
I can add a bookmark for a server in audionet PC
Is this the ip adress from minimserver2 on my computer?
(04-09-2020 15:35)janamdo Wrote: [ -> ]I can add a bookmark for a server in audionet PC
Is this the ip adress from minimserver2 on my computer?
No, an IP address is not required.

I understood that a bookmark 'bookmarked' a position within the server.
That could be a specific artist, album or track for example. There is no need to enter any value, simply navigate to the appropriate position, select bookmark and save.
Subsequently, from anywhere, select bookmark and select the appropriate 'saved' bookmark.

I see no reason to bookmark the server unless you want to return to the top of your library from a much lower level.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Reference URL's