MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Compilations And Not Compilations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I currently have Compilations set to group, which works great.

But I would also like a list of just the Non Compilations albums grouped together. How can I achieve this without any custom tagging to the files?

Thanks in advance.
Do you have a Compilation tag in your compilation files? If so, what is the value of this tag and what is your indexTags setting?
(26-06-2020 10:24)orange55 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

But I would also like a list of just the Non Compilations albums grouped together. How can I achieve this without any custom tagging to the files?

Thanks in advance.

You could try a variation of the clever approach detailed in this post.

You would use the tagupdate feature to virtually add a tag, with the same appropriate custom value, to every audio track in your collection.
This tag would then be used in the tag value property to set the default value of your compilation tag, where it does not exist.
(26-06-2020 12:26)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a Compilation tag in your compilation files? If so, what is the value of this tag and what is your indexTags setting?

Yes I do. Here is my indexTags:

All Artists,Compilation=1:Compilations,Favourite=1:Favourites
(26-06-2020 12:32)Alandbush Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-06-2020 10:24)orange55 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Thanks in advance.

You could try a variation of the clever approach detailed in this post.

You would use the tagupdate feature to virtually add a tag, with the same appropriate custom value, to every audio track in your collection.
This tag would then be used in the tag value property to set the default value of your compilation tag, where it does not exist.
Had a look at that and can't get my head around it. Not technical enough. It seems to suggest I need a tag for all my albums, that is a long list!
All you need is a tag update file containing something like:

@#AudioFormat=FLAC
@#AudioFormat=MP3
@#AudioFormat=MP4
+NonCompilation=0

You will need to customise these #AudioFormat values depending on what file types you have in your library.

You need to specify this tag update file in the tagUpdate property. You also need to add the following to the tagValue property:

NonCompilation.replace={Compilation}

and you need to add NonCompilation=0 to the indexTags property.

MinimServer will do the rest. For all your files that match the #AudioFormat list, MinimServer will add a NonCompilation=0 tag. This is not physically added to the file, just added to MinimServer's internal representation of the file. After this, MinimServer will change the NonCompilation tag values from 0 to 1 for all files that have a Compilation tag with the value 1. The result is that all your non-compilation files end up with a NonCompilation tag with the value 0 and your indexTags setting tells MinimServer to show you exactly these files when you select NonCompilation.
(26-06-2020 16:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]All you need is a tag update file containing something like:

@#AudioFormat=FLAC
@#AudioFormat=MP3
@#AudioFormat=MP4
+NonCompilation=0

You will need to customise these #AudioFormat values depending on what file types you have in your library.

You need to specify this tag update file in the tagUpdate property. You also need to add the following to the tagValue property:

NonCompilation.replace={Compilation}

and you need to add NonCompilation=0 to the indexTags property.

MinimServer will do the rest. For all your files that match the #AudioFormat list, MinimServer will add a NonCompilation=0 tag. This is not physically added to the file, just added to MinimServer's internal representation of the file. After this, MinimServer will change the NonCompilation tag values from 0 to 1 for all files that have a Compilation tag with the value 1. The result is that all your non-compilation files end up with a NonCompilation tag with the value 0 and your indexTags setting tells MinimServer to show you exactly these files when you select NonCompilation.
Thanks Simon. That all makes sense and nearly works. Some of the albums aren’t getting listed in the NonCompilation list. It’s not format dependent, about 190 out of 500.

I assumed it was because they may not have any Compilation tag at all. But reading your post that should not matter?

Any suggestions on this? Or do I need to add Compilation tags to all albums. Rather not as it’s quite painful and time consuming. :-)

Thanks again for help.
This could happen if you have Compilation tags with a value other than 0 or 1. To check this, use Compilation and NonCompilation in indexTags instead of Compilation=1 and NonCompilation=0.
(27-06-2020 11:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This could happen if you have Compilation tags with a value other than 0 or 1. To check this, use Compilation and NonCompilation in indexTags instead of Compilation=1 and NonCompilation=0.
Yes that is it, some have Compilation=No while others have no Compilation tag at all.

Any thoughts on how to over come that?
A good suggestion by Simoncn but I would question the tagupdate process.
Are you sure you have identified all of your audio items?

Edit: cross posted. I think you have answered my question. Revisit your tagupdate file.
Double edit: no, ignore my comments. I've become confused with your reply.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's