MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver without internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to use a laptop with Minimserver-2 in an environment without internet? I then use the laptop with a small router that establishes the connection between the tablet with BubbleUPnP and the server-laptop. The router then has no WAN connection. My experience shows that the music is well sent to the tablet, but that I sometimes (not always) have a delay (of about 45 seconds) in starting a file. If I use the same configuration elsewhere with a connection to the WAN port, that delay is never there. Who knows why and how it can be remedied?

Thanks, Hans
MinimServer does not send any messages over the WAN connection when starting to stream a file. It does check for updates when you first start MinimServer. It is possible that the delay might be caused by your control point or renderer attempting to send a WAN message.
(22-06-2020 10:48)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]MinimServer does not send any messages over the WAN connection when starting to stream a file. It does check for updates when you first start MinimServer. It is possible that the delay might be caused by your control point or renderer attempting to send a WAN message.

Thank you for your response. Strange. I once again examined the reason for this delay. Discovered that it doesn't occur with BubbleUPnP on Galaxy Note 9 as CP, but it does with BubbleUPnP on Galaxy TabS6. But only with the TP-Link WR802N. With the TP-Link Archer C2300 V1 there is no delay. I will limit myself to the Note9. Is too complicated what causes it.

Thanks, Hans
Reference URL's