MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Problems With Tag Property tagOptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm a happy MinimServer user (so far) and decided recently to dig into the tag property universe. I found that some features sounded helpful to me and configured them. The results were ambivalent and I don't know whether I made mistakes or wrong assumptions.
I use Minimserver 0.8.5.3 update 134. The MinimServer runs on a Synology NAS within a LAN.
The database contains about 600 albums and 2000 single tracks.
UPnP client is MediaMonkey and Cambridge CXN V2 Network player app. Other clients (VLC, MusicBee, AIMP) do not allow to configure media server access or do not react on the MinimServer configurations.
I use mp3tag for tag editing.
tagOptions Artist.ignore.sort={The}
The database contains about 70 artist names starting with "The". Before activating the property change, I copied a new album with artist "The Temptations" to the database.
Observations:
The new album was visible in MediaMonkey only after MinimServer restart with property statupScan=full. startupScan=true as well as MinimServer rescan where not sufficient.
The tagOptions command only works on the recently added "The Temptations" album and on on all single tracks from artists with names starting with "The". All albums remain unchanged under "T". In all tracks (single and albums) the Artist tags as well as the Album artist tags are set.
Where is the mistake in that scenario?
Thanks and regards,
resmuc
(08-04-2020 20:03)resmuc Wrote: [ -> ]tagOptions Artist.ignore.sort={The}
The database contains about 70 artist names starting with "The". Before activating the property change, I copied a new album with artist "The Temptations" to the database.
Observations:
The tagOptions command only works on the recently added "The Temptations" album and on on all single tracks from artists with names starting with "The". All albums remain unchanged under "T". In all tracks (single and albums) the Artist tags as well as the Album artist tags are set.
Where is the mistake in that scenario?
Thanks and regards,
resmuc

Could you please clarify what the above emboldened sentence means?

Initially, I presumed you meant that selecting the Album index would display the Album titles, starting with ‘The’, under ‘T’.
But, of course, Albums are not Artists, so I was clearly mistaken.

An example might remove my confusion.
If the problem is with the Artist index, you probably need to add AlbumArtist.ignore.sort={The}. This is because the Artist index contains a mixture of AlbumArtist and Artist tags. To see just the Artist tags, use the All Artists index.

The problem with Rescan not finding the new album was probably caused by the control point not refreshing its cached view of the library. Rescanning should always cause MinimServer to find new music that has been added, even with startupScan not set to full.
@simoncn:
Thanks, your hint saved the problem. All albums from artists with names starting with "The" can now be found at the right place.

@Alandbush:
Sorry for being unprecise.
The observation was that all albums of artists starting with "The" remain unter "T" in the artist index.
What I mean is: the database e.g. contains the ripped album "Horehound" of the artist "The Dead Wheather". I.e. there is a folder named "The Dead Wheather" containing a subfolder named "Horehound" containing 11 FLAC files. Other tracks from "The Dead Wheather" do not exist. MinimServer shows the artist of this album in the artist index under "T" (The...).
On the other hand, the database contains a folder with about 2000 single tracks ("Oldies"), where some of the artist names also start with "The". All those tracks are sorted in the right way in the artist index (The Stooges under S, The Guess Who under G).
In all tracks (the album tracks as well as the single tracks) the tags Album, Artist, AlbumArtist are set correctly. The only difference seems to be the folder structure.
But Simons advice solved the problem.
Regards, resmuc.
Thanks for the clarification @resmuc.

As usual, @simoncn understood the issue immediately.
Reference URL's