MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Miniserver on WNAS2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Today a friend gave me his WNAS2 because he want me to install minimserver on it.
This NAS is build with an ARMv7 rev2 (v71) processor :
Code:
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
Features     : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls fpd32

I'm unsure about the Minimserver version I need to use. Hard Float or Soft Float ?

I think that there is a FPU unit in it.

Anyway, I tried the HardFloat version and it install.

- Using ./setup, ./startc for configuration. All is OK. MinimWatch see the server.

BUT :
- when I reboot the system, minimserver isn't launched. I have to log in the system and to issue ./startd command.

What can I look at to enable the automatic launch ? I already issue the "minimserver/bin/setup enable_autostart" command, without success.

Information :
- this is a headless system, but when I use "runlevel" command, it reply 5 :-(
- systemctl isn't available on this system
- I can use update-rc.d command
- S99minimserver is already present in rc5.d

Thank you.
Manu
Does this system only have a root user or does it have a regular user as well? If it has a regular user as well, you should install MinimServer and run all commands (setup, startd, etc.) as a regular user. Problems with automatic startup are often caused by not doing this.
You're right. This system only have root user and due to others services/scripts/access rights, I have to use the root account to install minimserver.
So, do you have any trick for this ?

I also note that when I use
./startd
command, system reply "Failed to start MinimServer",
BUT minimserver is really launched.

Thank you.
Manu
Hello,
I found this thread :
https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=4481

I'm go to try the /opt directory.
Hello,
Does not work.
Any tips ?

Thank you.
Manu
The WNAS2 is not supported by MinimServer and I have not been able to find any information about this device by online searching. It seems there is something unusual about the version of Linux that is on this device. I don't have any more ideas about how to solve these problems.
Reference URL's