MinimServer Forum

Full Version: minimserver on aarch64 error - java/ohnet incompatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi erverybody! Smile

I'm trying to run minimserver on an vero 4k, which is running osmc (based on debian) on an aarch64 (ARM 64bit, I think ARMv8) CPU. When trying to run the daemon I see this in the log:

Quote:Module ohnet(linux-arm64)-1.17.2776.1.zip is incompatible with Java platform
Removing incompatible package 'minimserver-0.8.5.2'
Relaunching...
(repeating as long as I keep the server running)

The java package is openjdk-8-jdk installed via apt-get, which identifies as
Package: openjdk-8-jdk
Source: openjdk-8
Version: 8u222-b10-1~deb9u1

I didn't manage to install a different version yet. jdk 9 doesn't seem to have an official open source ARM port yet, trying to get it from mercurial manually right now... but I'm not sure that's a good idea Wink.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It looks like you have downloaded the arm64 version of MinimServer and you are trying to run this on a 32-bit operating system. Even though your hardware is 64-bit capable, the MinimServer download needs to match the architecture of the OS if this isn't the same as the hardware. I suggest you try the armhf version of MinimServer.
... and that was it. The error message wasn't helpful, but I should have thought about this Smile. Glad this was such a simple fix.
Thanks Simon!
Reference URL's