MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Folder doesn't appear after rescan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I own a Synology DS412+ with MinimServer installed since a long time (years). Actually running MinimServer 0.8.5.3 update 133.

My problem is that when rescanning, one folder called "Antonio Vivaldi - Federico Guglielmo - Le Quattro Stagioni - SACD" is never recognized by MinimServer and it never appears on the music list in my Linn Akurate DS/3 streamer.

If I look for it by folders at the streamer using my NAS instead of MinimServer, I can see it and the music is played, by using Minimserver as always, this folder doesnt't exist.

I can say that the music files have long names and long tags, and all of them are *.dsf files, only if that could help to find the problem.

Many thanks in advance....
Are there any error messages in the MinimServer log about the files in this folder?
(05-01-2020 08:17)alexj700 Wrote: [ -> ]I own a Synology DS412+ with MinimServer installed since a long time (years). Actually running MinimServer 0.8.5.3 update 133.

My problem is that when rescanning, one folder called "Antonio Vivaldi - Federico Guglielmo - Le Quattro Stagioni - SACD" is never recognized by MinimServer and it never appears on the music list in my Linn Akurate DS/3 streamer.

If I look for it by folders at the streamer using my NAS instead of MinimServer, I can see it and the music is played, by using Minimserver as always, this folder doesnt't exist.

I can say that the music files have long names and long tags, and all of them are *.dsf files, only if that could help to find the problem.

Many thanks in advance....

I also have been running MinimServer for several years on a DS412+. Your problem may possibly be due to oddities in the meta data for this music folder. It might therefore be worth regenerating the folder by using XLD (0r similar for PC) to input and export the folder. I've found this has done the trick in the past.
(05-01-2020 09:24)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any error messages in the MinimServer log about the files in this folder?

OMG!!!! I didn't know about the existence of those "log files"... well, I knew about them, but never opened them to check...

I've found thousands of warning and error... -Sad

About the files I wrote in this thread, the message is as follows:

Error: found ID3 instead of DSD chunk at start of DSF file AUDIOFILOS/HIGH RESOLUTION/SACD/Antonio Vivaldi - Federico Guglielmo - Le Quattro Stagioni - SACD/12 - Concerto no. 4, RV 297 in F minor L'inverno - Allegro.dsf (length 123864118)

Any idea of how can I apply a solution?
(05-01-2020 12:55)alexj700 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='simoncn' pid='34945' dateline='1578212675']
Are there any error messages in the MinimServer log about the files in this folder?

OMG!!!! I didn't know about the existence of those "log files"... well, I knew about them, but never opened them to check...

434 pages in a Word file once reduced to 8 size the font (in the beginning 1.039 pages) Rolleyes

And I don't know how to start with that giant amount of errors. The problem is that my library owns 17.000 CDs
(05-01-2020 13:03)alexj700 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2020 12:55)alexj700 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='simoncn' pid='34945' dateline='1578212675']

434 pages in a Word file once reduced to 8 size the font (in the beginning 1.039 pages) Rolleyes

And I don't know how to start with that giant amount of errors. The problem is that my library owns 17.000 CDs

I feel for you .............. I had the same experience when I first started streaming. Having used iTunes exclusively before I found I was living in a fool's paradise. I started with JRiver for streaming and asked for an error listing when I first scanned my library - the result was a very long list of errors. No option but to edit the meta data to reduce the number of errors however when I switched to MinimServer a whole new set of errors were listed, requiring a lot more editing. My reaction to this situation was that in fact it is extremely valuable that MinimServer is so precise in its reach and identification of errors in metadata etc. From my experience (now with 102k tracks) I'm sure clearing all the errors identified in a scan led to a much more robust music playback.
So I guess you will need to bite the bullet and rectify the errors, and do a scan with error listing periodically as you add new music.
(05-01-2020 15:38)DavidL Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2020 13:03)alexj700 Wrote: [ -> ]

I feel for you .............. I had the same experience when I first started streaming. Having used iTunes exclusively before I found I was living in a fool's paradise. I started with JRiver for streaming and asked for an error listing when I first scanned my library - the result was a very long list of errors. No option but to edit the meta data to reduce the number of errors however when I switched to MinimServer a whole new set of errors were listed, requiring a lot more editing. My reaction to this situation was that in fact it is extremely valuable that MinimServer is so precise in its reach and identification of errors in metadata etc. From my experience (now with 102k tracks) I'm sure clearing all the errors identified in a scan led to a much more robust music playback.
So I guess you will need to bite the bullet and rectify the errors, and do a scan with error listing periodically as you add new music.

Great, that's the same I thought. But, do you know any software that really can add tags to MP3, FLAC, DSF, or any other just with one click?

Adding tags one by one, can take me years... and I've been more than 15 years builiding my actual library...

Thanks in advance...
Quote:Great, that's the same I thought. But, do you know any software that really can add tags to MP3, FLAC, DSF, or any other just with one click?

Adding tags one by one, can take me years... and I've been more than 15 years builiding my actual library...

Thanks in advance...
That is the idea behind SongKong, and we have special processing for MinimServer such as adding the MinimServer GROUP field for grouping (classical) works.
The message about the ID3 chunk means that the file format is incorrect. DSF files are required to start with a DSD chunk.

You might be able to fix this by using a file converter program such as dBpoweramp (if this is able to read the file). To preserve the audio data without change, you should convert from DSF to DSF. Save a copy of the original file before you try this in case the tag information in the ID3 chunk gets lost.

The messages in the MinimServer log are marked as either errors or warnings. The errors are more important because MinimServer has been unable to read the file. For warnings, MinimServer has been able to read the file but some tag information might not have been read.
(05-01-2020 16:21)paultaylor Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Great, that's the same I thought. But, do you know any software that really can add tags to MP3, FLAC, DSF, or any other just with one click?

Thanks in advance...
That is the idea behind SongKong, and we have special processing for MinimServer such as adding the MinimServer GROUP field for grouping (classical) works.

Amazing, really amazing... I've just installed it in my Synology NAS and started to test the tagging. It seems wonderful. Will tell you...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's