MinimServer Forum

Full Version: One Minimserver instance for multiple NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to run one Minimserver instance for multiple NASs?
I have a large library spreading into two NASs. I run a Minimserver instance for each NAS separately as per now, but it would be handy to be able to browse full library from one Minimserver instance.
I have thought it is not possible but there might be a way around.....
You can do this as long as one of your NASs (NAS 1) is able to mount a network share from the other NAS (NAS 2). You can then run MinimServer on NAS 1 and add the mounted share to the contentDir property.
(09-12-2019 18:04)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You can do this as long as one of your NASs (NAS 1) is able to mount a network share from the other NAS (NAS 2). You can then run MinimServer on NAS 1 and add the mounted share to the contentDir property.

Many thanks for you advise Simon.
It is great it can do it.

I kind of understand how it works but I need to work around.
I am running one instance on Melco another on QNAP. I hope it doesn't make any difference.
The Melco cannot access a network share from another NAS. This means you would need to run MinimServer on the QNAP and use the QNAP to access the Melco network share. This is very unfortunate as you should be getting better sound quality from MinimServer running on the Melco. You could do a test to compare.
(10-12-2019 11:03)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The Melco cannot access a network share from another NAS. This means you would need to run MinimServer on the QNAP and use the QNAP to access the Melco network share. This is very unfortunate as you should be getting better sound quality from MinimServer running on the Melco. You could do a test to compare.

Thank you very much for further information.
How about Melco and Melco instance?
If I will have two Melco machines, can I share one instance?
It is unfortunately not possible to do this when MinimServer is running on a Melco. I have been in touch with Melco about this limitation. It might help if you contact them as well.
(10-12-2019 13:16)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It is unfortunately not possible to do this when MinimServer is running on a Melco. I have been in touch with Melco about this limitation. It might help if you contact them as well.

Thank you very much Simon. I will do.
Reference URL's