MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Settings & Properties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see quite a bit of detail on tag formatting involving settings & properties. But for the life of me I can not figure out how to access or edit. My installation is on a linux box, and access is via console.

I have about an hour or so into perusing the 55 pages in the general section of this forum, so please forgive me if I quit to soon.
(12-11-2019 04:09)lkajsd Wrote: [ -> ]I see quite a bit of detail on tag formatting involving settings & properties. But for the life of me I can not figure out how to access or edit. My installation is on a linux box, and access is via console.

I have about an hour or so into perusing the 55 pages in the general section of this forum, so please forgive me if I quit to soon.

If you have another machine (Linux, PC or Mac) with a desktop GUI, you can install MinimWatch on that machine. This is the best way to configure MinimServer. See this page for more information.
(12-11-2019 08:59)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2019 04:09)lkajsd Wrote: [ -> ]I see quite a bit of detail on tag formatting involving settings & properties. But for the life of me I can not figure out how to access or edit. My installation is on a linux box, and access is via console.

If you have another machine (Linux, PC or Mac) with a desktop GUI, you can install MinimWatch on that machine. This is the best way to configure MinimServer. See this page for more information.

Thank you, headed in the right direction now. I have set "genre.display.multiTag", not seeing any errors in the logs. Not clear if my clients are capable, so it's hard to test. In the music tag for genre, what is the proper delimiter between multiple genres?
I think it is unlikely that the display.multiTag setting is doing what you expect. The only control points to my knowledge that can handle multiple Genre tag values sent as XML metadata by the server (this is a shorthand for some fairly deep technical terminology) are the LUMIN app and Windows Media Player. This setting is not related to being able to see multiple values in the genre index while browsing. Which control point are you using?

MinimServer does not split a single tagged value into multiple tags using a delimiter because this would not comply with UPnP standards. Instead, you need to use a tagging program to handle any such tagging that is needed. Different tagging programs use different delimiters for this purpose, if they support it. Which tagging program do you use to write tags to your audio files?
(12-11-2019 20:53)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is unlikely that the display.multiTag setting is doing what you expect. The only control points to my knowledge that can handle multiple Genre tag values sent as XML metadata by the server (this is a shorthand for some fairly deep technical terminology) are the LUMIN app and Windows Media Player. This setting is not related to being able to see multiple values in the genre index while browsing. Which control point are you using?

MinimServer does not split a single tagged value into multiple tags using a delimiter because this would not comply with UPnP standards. Instead, you need to use a tagging program to handle any such tagging that is needed. Different tagging programs use different delimiters for this purpose, if they support it. Which tagging program do you use to write tags to your audio files?

I am using OSMC on a rpi & HiFi Cast on android. The tag editor I use is MusicBrainz Picard. The options for delimiter are . or /
I have tried unsuccessfully to find information about what separator can be used to enter multiple genres in Picard. I have tried some experiments but with no success. If multiple values are in the file already, Picard shows them with a semicolon separator but using a semicolon does not work when I try to add multiple values myself. Also, / and . don't work.

You can enter multiple values if you use Mp3tag. For this program, the separator for multiple values is \\.
I think you are right about the various players dealing with multiple genres, so I'll just let that rest. Thanks.
Reference URL's