MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,
I am new to minim server and blog. I am thinking of migrating to Minim from Logitech Media Server running on a Netgear, while my player is a dedicated audiophile equipment, Moon Simaudio.
I guess that this has been discussed in the past, do I am sorry of opening a new thread for an old topic.
My music files are organized as follows: I have one folder per artists and in this albums are in senate folders. In each album folder a “cover.jpg” file is placed, having the album artwork. Minim works fine with that.
However I am browsing using the tags normally in the following order:

Genres —> Artist —> Album.

I would be delighted to see some artwork in the boxes of Genres and Artists. It would also be great if I could replace the ugly default schetces with pictures in all other boxes, like playlists, dates, etc.
I do not mind if I need placing a jpg file anywhere that you may suggest in order to make my browsing more agreeable.

Thank you in advance.
Regards to all
Minimserver does not have this possibility I'm afraid, except for playlists. You could try browsing in folder view though for artists. I have artist jpgs in all my artists' folders - when browsing in folder view they appear for each artist but only because they are sorted in the directory like yours. You wouldn't have anywhere to put a genre image.
For your playlists, if a .jpg exists with the exact same root name as a corresponding .m3u then it will be shown in the playlists container.
Thank you. I find it strange and a pity not to have pictures for genres.
You mean like this:

[attachment=1756]
This has been discussed a few times. There are a number of people who like to browse by images and I would like to provide additional support for doing this.
(01-09-2019 09:22)timster Wrote: [ -> ]Minimserver does not have this possibility I'm afraid, except for playlists. You could try browsing in folder view though for artists. I have artist jpgs in all my artists' folders - when browsing in folder view they appear for each artist but only because they are sorted in the directory like yours.
FWIW if you would like an automated way of doing this SongKong does now support adding Album Artist images, and adding them to the artist folder as folder.jpg so that they are displayed when browsing by album artist, please see http://blog.jthink.net/2019/05/songkong-...rtist.html for more details.
Does the songkong feature helps minimserver to serve album artist photos?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's