MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Exception: java.lang.IndexOutofBoundsException
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-08-2019 09:51)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like your control point is the Naim app. Do you have the Naim app running when you do a rescan and get the error message? If so, please try powering off the device that is running the Naim app and do the rescan again.

I have turned off the Naim device by cutting its power and have started rescan about 20 hours ago. The content directories are very large. The status page states "running". How will I know when MinimServer is done scanning so that I can turn the Naim device on again?

[attachment=1750]
Thanks for this. I am extremely surprised that a rescan could take 20 hours. It is normally only a few minutes at most. How many tracks in total do you have in your library?

To see the progress of the rescan, you can use MinimWatch (I'm not sure whether you have this installed) or you can click the 'Refresh status' button on the status web page. From your screenshot, the status is showing as Running and this means the rescan has completed successfully.

I think this provides evidence that the problem is caused by an interaction between the MinimServer rescan process and the Naim app. Many thanks for confirming this. I will try to reproduce this problem myself and investigate it further.
In my six content directories, I have 106, 867, 201, 346, 126, and 354 ALBUMS, totaling 2,000 ALBUMS; figuring 10 tracks/album, that would come to 20,000 tracks.

I have not been able to open MinimWatch (either on this computer or in my rather old laptop). MinimWatch downloads fine, and goes through install fine unto my desktop, but does not open. The icon is grey. I would appreciate help on this.

I still need to change the listings of my content directories, as some of their names and contents have changed. I cannot bring up the GUI that allows me to do it. I only bring up the text box an image of which I attached to my last reply. I need help on changing my content directories.
This library should only take a few minutes to rescan.

I am not sure how you were able to set these content directories without using MinimWatch.

Double-clicking the MinimWatch desktop launch icon should produce a smaller minim icon in your Windows system tray. Do you see this icon? If not, it might be hidden in the system tray overflow area.

If you do see this smaller minim icon and it is grey, there are some troubleshooting suggestions on this page.
Double-clicking the MinimWatch desktop launch icon does not produce a minim icon in th Windows system tray. Also, I don't see the .jar file in the lib folder

But, more distressing, the NAIM app no longer sees MinimServer, either on my iPad or on by Galaxy 10 Android smartphone.
[Audio Station is working fine.] And MinimServer Status shows same error again as image attached.

Should I delete Minim Server and reload?
Have you installed Java on your Windows PC? This is required in order to run MinimWatch. See this page for details.

I am not sure which lib folder and .jar file you are referring to. When you install MinimWatch, the files are written to the folder C:\Program Files\MinimWatch. The lib folder under this folder should contain a number of .jar files including mwatch.jar. When you double-click on the desktop launch icon, mwatch.jar should be launched using the Java runtime.

The red error message you are seeing is the reason why the Naim app doesn't see MinimServer. This is something of a "catch 22" but there is a solution. You can uninstall MinimServer from your Synology NAS and reinstall it. When you uninstall, make sure you select the option to remove MinimServer completely rather than the default option to backup the configuration file. Before you reinstall, reorganise your music folders so that they are all under a single folder, for example:

/volume1/Music/NaimHDX
/volume1/Music/HDTracks
/volume1/Music/ECM LP 24-96
etc...

You can then reinstall MinimServer and select the single content directory /volume1/Music from the status page.
I successfully reorganized my music folders so that all are under a single folder, as you suggested. I completely uninstalled MinimServer and then successfully reinstalled it. MinimServer now works fine. Thank you.

MinimWatch still doesn't load when I click on it. Is it safe to uninstall it now and then reinstall without affecting MinimServer.

In retrospect I suspect that the reason for the original Error with MinimServer was that I deleted some of MinimServer's content directories in Windows before uninstalling them as content directories by way of MinimServer or MinimWatch.
Uninstalling and reinstalling MinimWatch will not affect MinimServer. If this doesn't fix the problem with no minim icon in the system tray, there is probably something wrong with your Windows installation of Java.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's