MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Albumartist vs trackartist list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for clarifying. The metadata that you posted appears to contain an artist image. If you use tagFormat to replace Artist with AlbumArtist, this might (or might not) cause problems with artist image processing. This is an example of why it is important to try before you buy. There could also be other issues that I cannot predict.

I can only suggest that you explain the situation to the dealer and ask for a short home trial before buying (e.g., collect a demo machine on Saturday afternoon and return it on Monday morning). I have done this myself. The dealer charged my credit card when I took the item away and refunded the card when I returned it.
Thanks for your note. From what I understand, the artist image will be scraped from Gracenote (that's how it looks in the snippet that I posted). So, this should be fine as long as the albumartist has an entry, isn't it?

I see the major risk that the Moment reads the MP3 tags rather than the Minimserver XML file. In which case, it wouldn't help.

I hear your advice. Issue is that I would buy it in a difference country from where I live, so this may not work (not available in my country).

All complex and I am indeed hesitant to take the risk...
Not sure you've seen the reply from the person using Moment / Twonky. See pasted below. He believes that it would not be possible.

*** The Moment has no configuration option on this front, it does not read the file system storing the songs but behaves like any DLNA controller/renderer with on top the
*** ability to store the collection information/tags for local processing/indexing, like Glider does.
*** BUT, as you could see in the Moment database raw data I posted the other day, song/album TAGs collected & processed are very limited (I posted an excerpt below with
*** relevant information) and there is no miracle to expect when: "Album artist" is not collected, "Genre" is present and empty while the info is definitively present in the song
*** (Rock), "releaseYear" (which is stored in the album index) is present and = 0 while the info is definitively present in the album songs (2011-11-29) .... how can they sort
*** the albums then ???, "DiscNumber" is not captured so in a two discs album you'll have track 1 disc 1 followed by track 1 disc 2 in the Moment UI (Twonky is also bad at
*** that, but I guess that B&O have mimicked what Twonky does more than leveraging what Twonky exposes, i.e. we would have see something like "DiscNumber":0 or "").

*** "name":"¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe! (feat. Wild Light, Mariachi El Bronx)",
*** "artistName":"The Killers","artistNameNormalized":"Killers",
*** "trackNumber":4,
*** "genre":"",
*** "duration":273,
*** "parentAlbum":{"id":"1412","name":"(RED) Christmas - EP","releaseYear":0"isCompilation":false,"genre":""
From the image in this post, it looks like the Beosound exposes the usual MinimServer browse tree. Do you have other information that this is not the case?
The screenshot is not taken from the Moment, but the B&O app (on iphone or android). The B&O app works for sure with Minimserver (I tried this myself). The B&O app only reads info from the DLNA server (and in my view Minimserver does serves the info best).

The Moment is working differently though as it builds its own "index" (the B&O app doesn't do this and not even allows search). As long as the Moment does this based on the Minimserver XML file, this should not be an issue. If the Moment somehow reads the MP3 tag directly (feasible?), this may be a show-stopper.

This thread is all around my question with: https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/3753...spx#286232
OK, thanks for clarifying. I don't think there is any more I can do to help. Perhaps you can get advice from someone with a Moment who is also a MinimServer user.
Agree, already hugely appreciated all your guidance. There may be a chance that the Moment owner gives Minimserver a try to see whether it works. Quite an ask as this would require him to rebuild the index. But he may also have some benefit as he'd also prefer to have albumartist rather than artist appear in the list. I'll keep you updated if this works out.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's