MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Adjusting Target files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have minimserver and miniwatch installed on a windows pc. I also have a QNAP TS120 with minimserver, which I can "see" from the windows pc and adjust transcoding etc.
My question is; How do I get the windows pc to "see" the new QNAP TS 231P I have installed? (minimserver is on this new NAS)
Thanks for any help.
I have a 112.
Download Qnap, maybe called pro. Free. Should have come with your NAS
Just follow instructions.
Simples.....

Donuk beautiful downtown York
I think the program you mean is QFinder Pro
Are you asking about seeing QNAP QTS on the new NAS from your Windows PC or about seeing and configuring MinimServer using MinimWatch? If it is the latter, an additional minim icon for the new NAS should automatically appear in the system tray of your Windows PC. This icon might be in the system tray overflow area (click the upward-pointing arrow).
(19-07-2019 14:00)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Are you asking about seeing QNAP QTS on the new NAS from your Windows PC or about seeing and configuring MinimServer using MinimWatch? If it is the latter, an additional minim icon for the new NAS should automatically appear in the system tray of your Windows PC. This icon might be in the system tray overflow area (click the upward-pointing arrow).

The latter. There is one Minimwatch icon only. This relates to the old QNAP. I need to set the target files on the minimwatch on the PC to see the new minimserver on the new QNAP. I think.
As a first step, power all your network devices off and on as described in this section. In your case, you should also power the PC off and on. This often fixes discovery problems.
(19-07-2019 15:34)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]As a first step, power all your network devices off and on as described in this section. In your case, you should also power the PC off and on. This often fixes discovery problems.
Thanks Simon, that did it, can now "see" both NAS drives.
Reference URL's