MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver "serving" to Siri
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may be slightly weird - but maybe wonderful Blush

I am trying to figure out a (comfortable) way to make my Linn DS "speak" to siri. Yes, I know there are some IFTTT shortcuts for Linn, having played around a bit, these are not really usable other than to switch a radio station on. But nothing to "serve" music from a collection.

As I have a Raspi here running Homebridge to make a growing number of my stuff here "speak" to Siri I wondered whether it wouldn't be possible - and potentially quite interesting - to write a plugin to create a Homekit-link between DS and and Minimserver.

Homebridge is based on node.js and Minimserver is based on Java as well,

Simon, any thoughts?
MinimServer is a UPnP server. It responds to UPnP requests (Browse and Search) and sends UPnP responses. In the UPnP architecture, voice-activated control of the user's browsing/searching/playing experience would be provided by the UPnP control point, not the UPnP server.

It sounds like the missing piece that is needed to provide this capability is a new application that talks voice to Siri and talks UPnP to MinimServer (or any other UPnP server). I don't have any plans to work on creating this new application.
Hi Simon,

I made some progress on my Integration of my Linn System to Homekit. Basically I was able to write a couple of bash scripts on my Raspi that are passing the Linn LPEC commands to my homebridge via a homebridge-cmdtrigger plugin to control my Klimax DS. This gives me Siri control over volume, selecting and playing Radio stations, play, pause, previous and next track on the active playlist etc. Nice start.

The bit I am missing - and thats probably the most complex part - is to add a playlist or folder (the way I organized mostly equates Album) from Minimserver to the DS.

I can see the "programatic" path to a list or audio file, but just not quite grasping what I need to trigger to get it to replace (or append to) the active playlist.

Once I can trigger the appropriate command on command line on the Raspi, I will (with some chance) be able to figure out a way to get it into Homekit/Siri. Thats how I started off on those other commands above as well ;-)

Thanks in advance
Adding a file to the active playlist (or replacing the active playlist) is done by the control point, not the server.
Reference URL's