MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I do not. I've turned off most services, so only the built-in DLNA server, Java/MinimServer and a Time Machine share.
I have sent you a PM with details of how to produce a debug log for this problem. Many thanks.
Perfect. I've set that up and will send you the log asap.
Ironically, while logging overnight, I haven't experienced a crash, so I've left it running.
This will cause the log file to become unmanageably large. You need to stop and restart MinimServer from the Package Center every day to prevent this from happening.
I think this is now suffering from the observer effect. Doesn't seem to crash while logging.
Unfortunately I can't investigate the problem without a log, so we are into the "catch 22" effect. Sad
Sure, I understand that. Looking at the contents of the log file, there is a lot of noise like the following:

13:21:01.043 Thread-14: ohNet: < SocketUdpBase::Receive
13:21:01.043 Thread-14: ohNet: > SocketUdpBase::Receive
13:21:01.044 Thread-14: ohNet: Socket::ReceiveFrom H = 1247919448
13:21:01.044 Thread-15: ohNet: <Socket::ReceiveFrom H = 1247919560

Which is sent every 10-20ms. As a result the log file after 24 hours is 87MB.

I'm going to just leave it running over the weekend. If it crashes then we'll figure out what's actually useful in that log.
Thanks for this. I am considering making an update available that removes this noise as it doesn't seem to serve any useful pupose.

If you are still getting the problem, please check the Synology system log in Log Center to see whether there are any log events at the time of the crashes. Another user has told me that their log shows a lot of Link Down / Link Up messages for eth0 and some of these correspond exactly to crash times.
That seems sane.

I haven't experienced the issue in a while. Based on what you've said though, I wonder if its reproducible by pulling the network cable. I'll give that a try later today.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's