MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Displaying rating with stars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear forum,

I am moving my FLAC music archive from the desktop PC to a Synology NAS. There I discovered MinimServer, which looks really good, and now I am trying to understand all its many features.

My first question for which I did not find an answer in the existing forum threads: Is it possible to replace existing numerical RATING tags by sequences of stars?

On the PC, I have used MusicBee to rate songs, entering between 1 and 5 stars, with possibly half stars in between. In the tagged files, this has been translated automatically into numbers between 0 and 100, where 1 star corresponds to 20, 5 stars to 100, 4 1/2 stars to 90, and so on. Now I would like to see the stars, and not the numbers, when displaying the titles. Is it possible to define a translation table for this using some tag operation?

Kalle
(01-02-2019 16:50)KalleHB Wrote: [ -> ]My first question for which I did not find an answer in the existing forum threads: Is it possible to replace existing numerical RATING tags by sequences of stars?

Replacement of tagcontents could be done using a tagupdate file

For a quick test (assuming you use minimwatch on the PC to configure the server on the NAS)
create a textfile containing

@RATING=20.5
=RATING=*
@RATING=21
=RATING=*
[...]
@RATING=100
=RATING=****

store this for example in /volume1/public on the NAS and fill the tagUpdate in MinimWatch Preferences on the Advanced tab with something like this.
/volume1/public/tagupdate.txt
and do a rescan from within MinimWatch.
Won't harm your files ... means MinimServer does the replacement.

Wonder where you wanted to display the stars ...
Many thanks, aliasname. I will try how this works when I am back home tomorrow.
Is there a place where advanced information like this is stored in the Minimserver documentation?

Kalle
See this section for details of the tag update facility.
(03-02-2019 10:33)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]See this section for details of the tag update facility.

Thanks, simoncn, for all the stuff to play around with!

Displaying the stars really works, thanks a lot.
And, aliasname, what I wanted to see was what you can see in the attachment.
Reference URL's