MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Stability of minimserver folder's ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon

I am now building a set of php / mysql files to browse my music library on my Synology server.

As I have mentionned some times earlier, I use a combination of tagging plus a very precise tree structure (the issue being, at 5700 albums, I can't retag all of them).

Now, using the jalder Upnp library, I am able to get the tree structure of Minimserver.

Here is my question: to each node, an ID is attached (0$folders for the root, 0$folders$f6846 for a child, etc...). What I would like to know is: if I add an album somewhere, then do a rescan, will those ID remain constant in the part of the tree structure which is not concerned by the addition of the album ?

In other term, can I add this ID as an column in my database of nodes ?

Reason to do this is I want to play the album from my music server from my computer connected to my synology (this site acting as a controller).

I hope my (geeky) question is clear !

Thx

Best
When you do a rescan, this restarts MinimServer. When MinimServer is restarted, these IDs can change. This means you can't rely on these IDs staying the same after a rescan.
(26-11-2018 20:30)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]When you do a rescan, this restarts MinimServer. When MinimServer is restarted, these IDs can change. This means you can't rely on these IDs staying the same after a rescan.

Thx Simon !!!
Hello Simon,

reading this thread reminds me of problems with the naim app when adding new albums to the music library. The naim app does cache the upnp data. After doing a rescan in MinimServer when entering an album in the naim app (from a cached directory) sometime its content cannot be loaded. I also saw completely wrong tracks in a folder. The solution is to clear the upnp cache in the naim app.

Also it seemed to be a problem with playlists that can be created in the naim app. I haven't tried it for a long time now, but I think that such playlists became unplayable after a MinimServer rescan, because the tracks are not found after this anymore.

So wouldn't it be a good idea to give the folders and tracks a fixed ID? Either simply the file structure name or a md5 checksum of the name, etc?

Greetings
Gert
The Naim app saved playlist issue is not caused by changes to folder IDs. It is caused by changes to the index entries viewed by the user when an album is added or deleted (for example, from '79 albums' to '80 albums').

I agreed a technical solution for this with Naim in February 2015. This required work in MinimServer and work in the Naim app. I did the work in MinimServer but Naim did not do the work in the Naim app and have still not done it despite repeated requests by myself and others.
(21-12-2018 23:18)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]... Naim did not do the work in the Naim app and have still not done it despite repeated requests by myself and others.

That sums up the Naim app perfectly... Dodgy
Yes, I agree. Especially the Android versions requires more love from naim. The iOS app works quite fine. But there are some features that are missing. (Also in the streamer firmware, like openhome support, etc)

Simon, which streamer are you using? I guess it is one which supports the upnp standard very correct?
(22-12-2018 15:54)tarnkappe Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I agree. Especially the Android versions requires more love from naim.

I'm not sure about more love, I think they need to put it out of its misery and start again from scratch. Sad

I get far better results with BubbleUPNP server installed on the NAS and Linn's Kazoo app installed on my Android phone. Plus, the irony of controlling a Naim streamer with Linn software is delicious... Big Grin
(22-12-2018 15:54)tarnkappe Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, which streamer are you using? I guess it is one which supports the upnp standard very correct?

My streamer is a Melco N1 with the USB-DAC controller set to mode 1 (OpenHome). Control points are Linn Kinsky on Windows and BubbleUPnP on Android.
Reference URL's