MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver on Melco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simon,

I am on the latest release of minimserver and up to date on the Melco as far as I am aware and haven't had any particular issues for some time. I also run minimserver on a QNAP. I haven't completed a rescan for a while and started this on both of the devices having added some albums. The QNAP was fine and behaved as expected. The Melco however appeared to have completed the rescan according to minimwatch but wouldn't display anything, instead offfering a retry. I attemtped that numerous times without success and the first time I simply rebooted the Melco to ensure everything was in order. That appeared to work and all OK. I then realised I had missed one additional album. Added that and encountered exactly the same thing. This time I attempted a restart using minimwatch before a reboot and that seems to have worked.

So it appears to be working OK now but the same error twice but only on the Melco (N1A). Thought I should mentioned it here.

Thanks
Thanks for letting me know. I'm not clear from your post ("wouldn't display anything, instead offering a retry") exactly what error message you saw and where you saw this error message. Was the message on the Melco front panel, in MinimWatch or in your control point? What were the words in the message?
(09-11-2018 08:09)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for letting me know. I'm not clear from your post ("wouldn't display anything, instead offering a retry") exactly what error message you saw and where you saw this error message. Was the message on the Melco front panel, in MinimWatch or in your control point? What were the words in the message?

Apologies, it wasnt clear.

I was using Kazoo (control point) on a windows 10 pc (same as usual). When the server restarted, following a rescan (according to minimwatch) I opened up Kazoo again and instead of showing the usual menu list of artist, album etc it said something like, or that meant, no data and offered a retry which didn't work either. I didn't take a screenshot at the time Sad (edit at this point I could see the Minimservers on both devices showing in the Kazoo settings lists and could move from one to another - and to the Melco's unlabelled Twonkyserver).

I closed and reopened Kazoo but it persisted. However, I could access the Qnap version in the same way (that had also completed a rescan) without any issue. At the time I thought I would just reset the Melco (hardware) forcing a restart/reconnect etc. This recovered the situation.

Then later I rescanned after adding a further album to both servers. The same thing occurred with the Qnap server working ok but the Melco server offering no data and the option to retry which again failed. This time I recovered by restarting Minimserver using the minimwatch command.

Something I omitted earlier was that Twonkyserver was also running in the Melco and has been for sometime now (I had it switched off but at some update (Melco or Minimserver it has 'returned' and I haven't got around to turning it back off). That server was working properly and presenting menus/albums etc throughout as I checked that at the time on both occasions. So the Melco physically was working ok throughout.
Thanks for the very detailed explanation of what happened. What version of Kazoo are you running on Windows 10? I will try to repeat what you did and see if I get the same problem.
(09-11-2018 17:46)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the very detailed explanation of what happened. What version of Kazoo are you running on Windows 10? I will try to repeat what you did and see if I get the same problem.

thx

Edit - just thinking about it - I am pretty sure that I tried it on the iPad too and got the same result.
I tried this using Windows 10 and Kazoo 4.13.22. When I started the rescan after adding an album, the currently playing album view screen in Kazoo was replaced by a black screen saying "Press ≡ to get started". When the rescan finished, the previous screen was restored automatically. I tried browsing my library, including the newly added album, and everything was fine.

If this happens again, please capture a screenshot of the "no data/retry" screen.
(10-11-2018 13:26)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this using Windows 10 and Kazoo 4.13.22. When I started the rescan after adding an album, the currently playing album view screen in Kazoo was replaced by a black screen saying "Press ≡ to get started". When the rescan finished, the previous screen was restored automatically. I tried browsing my library, including the newly added album, and everything was fine.

If this happens again, please capture a screenshot of the "no data/retry" screen.
Have a cd due today and so will add that and try it and let you know. Will send a pic if it. From memory it was just the normal frame but with no menu items and in the middle of the page there was a retry ‘circular arrow’
And some words ‘like that’. Cheers
Just added the Cd and completed a rescan without any issue this time. Odd that it should happen twice on one server but it appears to have gone away - so all good for now. If I do see it again I will screenshot it and post it here.

Thanks

Martin
Reference URL's